Author Topic: is there a way to cancel the auto renewal? *more info inside*  (Read 15340 times)

REDACTED

Re: is there a way to cancel the auto renewal? *more info inside*
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »
I don't know you people but I get the auto-renewal box and it is opt-in when trying to buy Avast. Well Avast could make it bigger and in bold but it is there clearly.

Well that is not what I saw when processing through Nexway....Interesting ???

Neither did I  :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
I don't know you people but I get the auto-renewal box and it is opt-in when trying to buy Avast. Well Avast could make it bigger and in bold but it is there clearly.

Well that is not what I saw when processing through Nexway....Interesting ???

Neither did I  :-\

Interesting... I am using Avast main site/store ( Worldwide English ) to buy AIS this time, and still it is the same. Auto-renewal box is visible and it is opt-in.
https://store.avast.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_NZ&SiteID=avast&ThemeID=38044100&id=QuickBuyCartPage

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »
Well I visited that link and aside from thinking I was in New Zealand (including pricing) the country displayed in the drop down window was Great Britain. However, the good part is that the check box is at least on the same page.

More interesting in relation this topic the Auto Renewal box was pre-checked (opt-out). So this isn't consistent across the store, but it is easier to see and change..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »
Well I visited that link and aside from thinking I was in New Zealand (including pricing) the country displayed in the drop down window was Great Britain. However, the good part is that the check box is at least on the same page.

Mine has the price in Dollars and in the locale drop down menu was Venezuela.

More interesting in relation this topic the Auto Renewal box was pre-checked (opt-out). So this isn't consistent across the store, but it is easier to see and change..

Definitely not the same. Hmmmm.... Different ( differences in ) servers perhaps ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:18:00 PM by iroc9555 »