Author Topic: My phone locked with "This phone has been lost or stolen" player repetitively...  (Read 3470 times)

REDACTED

I changed Sim cards when I went overseas and that appears to have triggered the situation. So I removed the battery and didn't put it back in until I got back in my home city. The phone is still stuck locked and repeating "This phone has been lost or stolen" along with a siren noise. I attempted to to get it to send a code to my secondary phone (my wifes phone) and although it said on the locked phone that the message had been sent, no message ever came through. I have now logged into the avast website and while it has my phone listed 3 times on the left side, none of the entries have any details.

Please, how can I turn this alarm off and unlock my phone?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

I did find this when searching the submissions here, but unfortunately it has done me no good. I will address why not below:

2A - My mobile is locked, but I am not given the opportunity to enter any passcode aside from one I would get from my "secondary phone", this is my wifes phone. And although my phone claims to be sending a code to her, it never does.

2B - My phone runs Android 2.something.

2C - My phone runs Android 2.something.

2D - While my phone model appears in the avast account online, it tells me that avast anti-theft is not installed (infact, it does not show anything as being installed at all).

2E - Avast is not used on any computer I own.

Please do point out if I a missing something, otherwise I need a new way forward.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Thank you, have done so now.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
You're welcome.