Author Topic: Has Grimefighter worked or not???  (Read 1629 times)

REDACTED

Has Grimefighter worked or not???
« on: May 20, 2015, 01:09:50 PM »
Have just taken out a subscription so Ran Grimefighter for the fisrt time. Seemed to work OK and machine rebooted.
I then ran "Scan for performance issues" and found that it still Reports 27 Issues (14 Unnecessary Apps / 13 Systems Settings 739MB Junk) which seemed to indicate from memory that nothing has changed!
I ran Grimebuster again and looked at the list of actions to be taken and it indicates a totally blank list
Either it has taken an hour or more to do nothing or   the "Scan for performance issues" is reporting incorrectly!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:15:38 PM by roseclare83 »

REDACTED

Re: Has Grimefighter worked or not???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
Me too, roseclare83!

I ran Grimefighter immediately upon purchase, and again just 5 hours later, and it "found" (or maybe invented) 200+ more errors that it had "missed" on the first pass.

You can't run Grimefighter and just walk away from the computer to let it work, either, you have to be chained to your computer for the first third of its operation, so you can be present to push the button "optimize" and then minutes later to push the button "fight the grime".

Even more aggravating than that, I immediately requested a refund, and Avast HAS YET TO RESPOND, it has been a month since purchase. I am fuming! >:(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:07:05 PM by grifk »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Has Grimefighter worked or not???
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
Place your ticket number here and I will try to get some attention from avast.