Author Topic: Grimefighter ask for email but can not press @ key combo  (Read 2360 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter ask for email but can not press @ key combo
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
Have used Avast free for long time. Very satisfied.
Just bought AVAST licence and ran the grimefighter program on my Vista laptop, because it had found problems that should be optimized.
It first went into sleep mode, then after a while came up with a page, where I should login to my Google+ (or Facebook) to continue.
Problem is that when I hit ctrl+alt+2 which normally will give me @ sign used in my gmail.com address, I get a 2 instead of @ .. it is as if neither ctrl nor alt key combo work as they should inside this program. I use a danish keyboard.

There was given an option to search Google, and search for word masterspace gave hits, but none of them opened.
I could not use ctrl+c to copy a masterspace sign ..
There was no back button, so I could not return to the page where I should enter email to continue grimefighter.
There is no way to exit grimefighter mode, and ctrl+alt+delete button did not work eihter, so I had to use the hard close button to restart.

Many report problems with this program.
It is apparantly and untested beta version, that should be a free trial, not paid, until it works as it should!

I can not find any instructions on how to solve the problems I encountered?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:15:27 PM by martokro »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grimefighter ask for email but can not press @ key combo
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
There are no instructions on how to solve it because this is something only avast can fix.

Offline edison watkins

Re: Grimefighter ask for email but can not press @ key combo
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
Change to English temporarily and use the shift 2 to get your @ sign.  Sorry, is the only solution I know that works. The software has a section where you can add/change language.  Change to English and will work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:52:01 PM by edison watkins »