Author Topic: WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DO WE CHANGE OUR BILLING INFO????  (Read 4348 times)

REDACTED

WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DO WE CHANGE OUR BILLING INFO????
« on: May 23, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »
I have changed debit cards and cannot find ANYWHERE to change my billing information. Not only that, they don't allow you to call them. I hope they respond before the license renews on a dead debit card. To tell the truth, a company that doesn't have live customer support sucks and I'm thinking of cancelling. Let's see if they respond to the request for a DIRECT LINK to the billing information. I'lve looking everywhere and I'm not wasting any more time on it.

PS I HAVE ALREADY SENT A TICKET REQUEST.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:37:15 PM by Marie38 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DO WE CHANGE OUR BILLING INFO????
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:36:06 PM »
Thanks but I did that already before posting. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to answer my email. NOT happy. What kind of company doesn't let you change your billing info online?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 08:42:12 PM »
Thanks but I did that already before posting. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to answer my email.
You're welcome. And be patient, it's weekend. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »
I have been happy with Avast but their lack of ease in changing your billing information is perplexing. Why isn't there a "billing info" tab when you log into the website, and why no "billing info" tab when on the PC interface? This would be expected and simple to do. Just doesn't make any sense. They make it easy enough for new customers to pay for the product, and the auto-renew seems to be the default setting. It is almost as if they have made it difficult by design so customers won't bother. I don't think this policy reflects well on the reputation of this company.

But I was able to change my billing info: Here is how. As mentioned, by default when you pay for a service/product with Avast, it will be set up to auto-renew. When it does renew, they will send an email. In the email is the link to the "LOOK UP YOUR ORDER" page:  https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast

The email will also contain an order number. You use the order number plus a password. But this order email did not contain a password so I clicked on the "forgot your order password" link on the page linked above and they sent me another email with the password. From here I was able to review the order and you can cancel the order, turn off the auto-renew, and/or change your payment method.

Why the hell you can't just log in to your account using your existing login and password is beyond me. I honestly have never seen such a strange system.

Avast, why would you not just send an email to customers that says "These services to been renewed using your payment information on file. To check the status of this order, to cancel this order, or to change your payment method, log into your account and select "My Recent Orders and Billing Info""? Why would you have a whole separate system generating separate login info and new passwords?   And if I had wanted to change this information previously, how the hell would I have access this information without an email being sent to me in the first place?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:11:09 PM by slinkyc »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
Your "solution" only will work if it was Digital River that handle the payment, not if Nexway did it.

On a side note :
Please look at the date of posts before posting yourself.
This thread has been dead for over 6 months.