Author Topic: Refund Ticket?  (Read 4378 times)

REDACTED

Refund Ticket?
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi,

How long do refund tickets, take before they get serviced? As my support ticket as taken ages to get a reply wondering if refund tickets are even longer?

Ticket ID : #ITB-463-41816

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Refund Ticket?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:10:40 PM »
Define ages ?

Generally they should be cleared in 5 to 10 working days.

That can also depend on your payment method, e.g. bank transfers have a clearance time before they get paid to avast. So they would have to confirm your payment before they could even start refund action.

Whatever you do don't create or modify existing tickets as this can slow the process further (first in first out).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
The process can take 7-10 'Business Days' to complete.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »
Define ages ?

Generally they should be cleared in 5 to 10 working days.

That can also depend on your payment method, e.g. bank transfers have a clearance time before they get paid to avast. So they would have to confirm your payment before they could even start refund action.

Whatever you do don't create or modify existing tickets as this can slow the process further (first in first out).

My support ticket was made on the 2nd and it's still open... :D My refund ticket I only made today...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 08:24:09 PM »
First to make it clear, I'm an avast user and not an avast employee, so I'm not speaking in an official capisity.

I don't know what your initial ticket was about as depending on what it was it could have a lower priority than the refund ticket. If sent on the 2nd, even on a low priority I would have thought you would have had a response.

The refund ticket would normally have a high priority but that would start from today and could follow the estimated time frame given before.

Is this ticket ID for the first ticket or the refund ticket ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
First to make it clear, I'm an avast user and not an avast employee, so I'm not speaking in an official capisity.

I don't know what your initial ticket was about as depending on what it was it could have a lower priority than the refund ticket. If sent on the 2nd, even on a low priority I would have thought you would have had a response.

The refund ticket would normally have a high priority but that would start from today and could follow the estimated time frame given before.

Is this ticket ID for the first ticket or the refund ticket ?

Ticket ID above is for the refund ticket.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 10:04:43 PM »
If sent on the 2nd, even on a low priority I would have thought you would have had a response.

He already had three. I believe the OP means that even though he opened the ticket on 2 May, he feels his case hasn't been resolved yet. I somehow disagree, as he has gotten a reply for all his questions, but it seems that the responses he got were not what he was expecting :)

To the OP, it should take up to 5 days, given that you don't update your ticket as you did with the previous one. Every time you update it, start counting 5 days again  ;)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
If sent on the 2nd, even on a low priority I would have thought you would have had a response.

He already had three. I believe the OP means that even though he opened the ticket on 2 May, he feels his case hasn't been resolved yet. I somehow disagree, as he has gotten a reply for all his questions, but it seems that the responses he got were not what he was expecting :)

To the OP, it should take up to 5 days, given that you don't update your ticket as you did with the previous one. Every time you update it, start counting 5 days again  ;)

Thanks Moroni
We as helpers often don't have all the information visible/available when an Avast user posts their issues.
There are times when the issue has nothing to do with the process, but is 'self inflicted'. 

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:04 AM »
I have sent numerous (last count 14) requests for a refund of my Premium Avast.  I got one email saying it was approved and would take 10 days.  It has n ow been 3 weeks and I cannot get anyone on the phone except their foreign speaking technical personnel that requested $489.00 to scan my PC for the virus I had -- that was after talking to them for 1-1/2 hours and finally demanded they do something --- he then told me he couldn't he just did evaluations and it would cost me $489 to have a technician scan my PC.  Needless to say I didn't bite and uninstalled all Avast products I wasted my money on. 

Is there anyone that knows how to contact a person that actually works for Avast or am I just spinning my wheels with support tickets up my backside?

PS --- I bought BitDefender and have been pleased with them --- BD is the highest rated software according to several sites.  We'll see.  It's been 3 weeks and it still is working.

If ANYONE can help please email me:  msklaas@gmail.com

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 01:44:53 AM »
And what part of "if you submit multiple tickets/change existing ones will put you back to the bottom of the stack" is it that you don't understand ?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
I have sent numerous (last count 14) requests for a refund of my Premium Avast.

Hi Marcia42 !

I was only able to find one ticket sent by you, requesting help with your Avast SecureLine license. Do you have another ticket ID?