Author Topic: PLEASE Help: Threat Detected?  (Read 1404 times)

REDACTED

PLEASE Help: Threat Detected?
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:53:05 PM »
I went onto a Tumblr blog to look at a writing post and it should have been perfectly safe but it tried to download something called chrome.flash.exe or similar. I quickly cancelled the download. But then I was stupid enough to go back to the page and the download tried again, I stopped it at the very last second. Avast gave me a Threat Detected voice and alarm and popup saying "Avast has blocked a harmful webpage or file."

When I look in my downloads, the chrome.exe file doesn't have a show in folder option, but it has a "retry download" option.

I scanned my computer and no threats were found.

Does this mean I'm safe?! Or is there now malware on my laptop? Please help, I'm nearly having a panic attack and this is a brand new laptop and I don't know if I'm really safe or if there's hidden malware. Because that file tried to download.

(When I click the popup it gives me this info:
URL: kuustom(.)com/tmp/chrome/chrome_flashaddon.exe
Infection: FileRepMetagen [Malware]
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe)

The site I tried to view was its-a-writer-thing[.]tumblr[.]com. It changed to look like the flash puzzle piece thing and said it needed my permission to run. (Sorry, didn't think about the links!)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:19:05 AM by lia.grace »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: PLEASE Help: Threat Detected?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
kuustom.com/tmp/chrome/chrome_flashaddon.exe = fake / malicious file
https://www.virustotal.com/nb/file/1e3bb7c4c907b522fb92a53115b6cc2a54133031edba97097eb35fd8416bec89/analysis/1432592050/

edit your post and remove  https://  from the link you posted to avoid accidental clicking

help with false postitives and virus is done in viruses and worms forum section
at top in that section is a how to get help guide ....  Logs to assist in cleaning malware

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:47:52 AM by Pondus »