Author Topic: latest version slows down PC and uses high memory within svchost.exe  (Read 2700 times)

REDACTED

Hello everybody

The version is 2015 10.2.2218 R2 SP2. It uses up a lot of memory en slows pc down drasticly. It happend on two PC's in the last week. Anyone with simmilair problems or a solution (I installed a previous version as a workaround.)

Also i Would to say it's stil a great product but all the extra software offers are getting more and more irritating

Offline davexnet

• Poster
Do a custom install and deselect the software you don't want.

This is not just good advice for avast, but for Windows installs in general.

For example, I only install the shields and English language (UK).  I say NO
to everything else.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
What is using the svchost ?

REDACTED

I'm not sure wich is to blaim for the svchost

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I'm not sure wich is to blaim for the svchost

The title you gave implies that it is avast, for the most part activity for avast will come under its main service avastSvc.exe.

The svchost.exe by its nature Service Host, will be being used as a host by many services in the OS and installed software. You need to have a tool to check what is being used within instances of svchost.exe. I use SvchostAnalyzer.exe by neuber.com (currently avast is alerting on this download, so I have reported it) but I'm sure there are other such tools.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Proses Explorer from sysinternals can show it too.