Author Topic: Authorisation failed.  (Read 2859 times)

REDACTED

Authorisation failed.
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
I just installed Avast Mac Security 2015 for the first time on my Mac, running Yosemite.

Although Avast seems to be running fine, when I try to disable one of the shields (e.g. Web Shield), or a feature of a shield (e.g. Scan secured connections), I am prompted for my account password, and then I’m shown an error:

Authorisation failed.
The operation couldn’t be completed. No such process

Is this a known issue?

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Authorisation failed.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
Hello Kevin,
  we have received arround three reports of this kind but unfortunatelly we cannot reproduce the issue. Could I ask you to try to disable one of the shields and to send us a support package? It can be generated through Avast application's menu: Help -> Avast Technical Support -> Generate support package.

It would help us a lot.

Best Regards,
  Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:10:08 AM »
Hi Martin,

OK, I’ve sent you a private message with a link to the support package.

If it helps, the issue seems to be confined to my OS X user account. Other accounts on my system do not seem to have the issue.

Additionally, the issue seems to prevent the Avast icon from appearing in the menu bar.

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 01:22:47 AM »
Hello Kevin,
Thank you for the response. I'm currently on holidays, so I hope colleges will try to investigate a root of the issue. Is your user account in something unusual? Best Regards,
Martin

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
Hello Kevin,
  thank you for the support package. I have returned from holidays today and tried to find a source of the authorisation troubles but the only things I have noticed are:
- Launchd has been asked to start menu bar application, it didn't either complain nor started it.
- Authorisation succeeded but the privileged process hasn't been started by launchd.

I will try to investigate more about the issue but at this moment I have no idea what it's going on.

Best Regards,
  Martin