Author Topic: My.Avast cannot connect with the device  (Read 6275 times)

REDACTED

My.Avast cannot connect with the device
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:27:33 AM »
Mobile security was working fine (except for the messed up location map with long lines) until a week ago when I had to do a factory reset for reasons not connected with AVAST. After a reinstall with the same .apk I used for the initial install, I cannot connect to the remote phone. There's a message that the app is trying to connect and then a failure message. Would appreciate any help to get it working again. The reinstall was about two hours ago.

REDACTED

Re: My.Avast cannot connect with the device
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:57:46 AM »
Could someone please suggest a solution. I have received no data in My.Avast for two weeks now. I have no replies on the forum and no replies directly from AVAST. Maybe time to move on.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 02:19:45 AM »
Remove avast completely, then install it again.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB66

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
Thank you for your informative reply.

I have downloaded the application from Google Play and the free version was installed automatically. I then used Go Premium to install the Pro version. There still appears to be no connection between My.Avast and the device (Samsung ACE 2 with 4.0.1). When I first installed the app three weeks ago (prior to a full factory reset) it worked OK and I could send a message from the portal to the device which appeared with only a slight delay. When I attempt this now - or any other function - I see Trying to contact the device, and then we are unable to contact the device. I have not been able to find any suggestions on the forum and I can't see anything in the faqs.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
I've seen some post where people selected "test connection" in the app that solved the problem for them.
Although no setting or anything should change, somehow it worked for them.
At the moment I can't remember where exactly that option is, so you will have to a bit of searching for it.
Also make sure avast is set to use WiFi.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
For the past several weeks, I have been unable to connect with ANY of the multiple phones I have protected with Avast Anti-theft. Just completely shut out. I don't know if Avast has made any changes to their web-based control center software. But it isn't working when I try to reach the devices using the web center.

However, you can have the device contact the web center. Simply start up your avast anti-theft on your phone. Then use the Avast Account option. You then sign out of the account and sign back in. When you go back to the web center, you will see that the contact between the device and web center has been recorded. In some cases, I am able to establish contact with the device from the web center immediately after this connection, but a day or two later, the problem starts again.

There is also an option under the Avast Account menu option in the phone. You can choose "Fix connection problems". But this does not fix anything. It just does a test of the connection by waiting for a test message from the web center. RECENTLY, IT NEVER SEEMS TO WORK! I can never get this to work now anymore. It used to work before. But for some reason it has not worked with ANY of my devices since the beginning of May.

The only reliable way to connect with your device is via SMS. The web center is completely unreliable. It mostly has to do with Google cloud services which is how Avast connects to the device via the web.

UPDATE: Well I just noticed if I sign out of the account and sign back in, the communication test works and thereafter I CAN CONTACT THE DEVICE FROM THE WEB!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:41:41 PM by garthabernatd »

REDACTED

Cancelei do meu computador
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:14:20 AM »
Veio descontando na minha fatura do cartão no mês de agosto R$ 99,00 de DR Avast São Paulo, mas vai acabar agora em outubro,  :-[. Não to entendendo, não comprei, veio descontando e se tivesse comprado cadê meu pacote. Cancelei tambem minha assinatura automática, porque achei desaforo. >:(    :'(
 Há e por favor se alguém ler não sei falar inglês se alguém do avast for me responder que seja em português. Agradecida
Lilian

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:33 AM »
1] This is a English forum.

2]  This thread is over2(!) Years dead.