Author Topic: GRIMEFIGHTER issue: INIT no more processes left in this runlevel - HELP?  (Read 2853 times)

REDACTED

Just bought it and when im trying to clean my pc it freezes with this error message.
(INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel)
What to do ?

REDACTED

Same problem here!

I purchased GrimeFightern two days ago (order number 10355647062) to complement my Avast Premier 2015.

However, when I run it and click "Reboot and run now" I end up with a completely black screen with the words :

"Init: no more processes at this runlevel" and "loading Jumpshot..."

at the bottom of the screen. I have left my PC on for over twelve hours twice and have to perform a hard reset to get out of this condition.

Reviewing AVAST forum boards (for instance https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=145767.0) reveals that this is a very common problem with many, many people complaining with EXACTLY the same symptoms. On these boards AVAST promised it would be resolved within TWO WEEKS. That was in MARCH 2014!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
The error is a Linux error.
GrimeFighter uses Linux to run.
The problem was gone/solved, but seems to back now.

There is nothing you can do about it.
This is something for avast to fix.

I've heard that there will come a new version of GrimeFighter soon.
Best is to submit a ticket and ask for a refund, or a new license for the upcoming new version.

REDACTED

I've submitted a ticket but also made a claim through Paypal, as Avast don't seem to have any idea how to produce a version of Grimefighter that works on all PCs.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Ok, do not submit a new ticket and don't change the existing one.
If you do, it will put you back to the bottom of the stack and you will have to wait longer for a response.

There is no need to "claim through paypal".
If you have asked for a refund, you will get it from avast.
Some information I have put together to explain things:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=154831.msg1172746#msg1172746
as Avast don't seem to have any idea how to produce a version of Grimefighter that works on all PCs.
Keep in mind that there are billions of hardware/software configurations possible. It is not possible to test software like GrimeFighter on all configurations before releasing it.

My personal opinion:
avast should never have publicly released GrimeFighter. There where and still are many problems with it. Besides that, it doesn't do anything at all that you can't do with free software. Sure, you will need several tools to do the same but it will be free.

Examples:
Removing malware ? > avast free, mbam, farbar, zoek
Cleaning up ? CCleaner, Glary Utilities

REDACTED

我前天購買了Avast GrimeFighter想說要整理電腦的,但是出現視窗"總部,終止此項任務。 我們似乎在麻醉您的個人電腦時遇到錯誤請透過http://support.avast.com 聯絡  請問要如何解決???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Black, this is a English forum.