Author Topic: reg key problems.  (Read 3552 times)

kilted warrior

reg key problems.
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:02:53 PM »
hi everyone,i have been using avast for a good year now(without any problems)but when i switched my com on today instead of updating it said my regresration key was either invalid or out of date.i can only assume that it has expired,as i am a total noob i was wandering how i can update my reg key(if possible).any help would be appreciated ???.....peace.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: reg key problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:22:17 PM »
1. Check the about avast and see when the date in the Updates expiration: of the Registration Key info.
2. If still within the above updates expiration date, check the system date (double click the clock in the system tray), pay particular attention to the month and year. Adjust if required.
3. Visit avast! 4 Home Registration
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 08:23:20 PM »
 :)  have you tried this :

"Q: My licence key has expired, what should I do?

A: First, check your license key validity. You can do it this way:

Right-click on the blue a-ball icon in system tray.
Select "About avast!..." from the menu.
In the window that appears, unroll the "Registration key" item.
Check "Updates expiration" date and compare it to the current date.
Now you can see if your license (registration) key has really expired. If the updates expiration date is older than the current date, you have to obtain and enter a new license key. It means:

If you are using avast! Professional, you need to buy a new license. Contact your distributor or use our online secure store.
If you are using avast! Home, you can simply register again and get a new key by filling in the registration form.
Once you get the new license key, enter it into avast!.

If the license key seems to be valid (the updates expiration is in future), you should check your system date. It is probably not set correctly. In that case, set the system date correctly and enter your license key again.  "

kilted warrior

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:23:20 PM »
many thnx guys problem solved ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:15:40 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security