Author Topic: After Grimefighter, my Outlook doesn't work  (Read 4168 times)

REDACTED

After Grimefighter, my Outlook doesn't work
« on: June 09, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
As with many others on this forum, I thought Grimefighter was going to be a good product. I paid, installed it, and let it run. When it finished after 3 hours, my computer does seem faster, BUT, now my Outlook 2003 (with Windows 7) will not send / receive emails. (My last email was from Avast thanking me for buying their product!) When you click on the "Send/Receive", it "blips" very quickly, then done. I have restarted, rebooted, added another email account...still nothing.

I think it may be a great product, but it seems very little in customer service...and I have used Avast for years!

Can anyone assist me?? Thanks!

REDACTED

Re: After Grimefighter, my Outlook doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »
I have exactly the same problem- I have Windows XP and Office 2003.  My problem started in April this year when I bought Grimefighter. I have tried re-installing Avast Anti virus -as other forums suggested for "most Outlook problems"   This didn't change anything. I have also removed Grimefighter but this did not help either.
I gave up back then, but now I read that I could have undone the changes Grimefighter made - only within 7 days ! Any chance this might still work?

All help gratefully received,
Wesleyandcouk

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
bschnell,
run GrimeFighter again and undo the changes it made that have to do with outlook.

wesleyandcouk,
since you have removed GrimeFighter it will not work.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:12:00 PM »
Thank you for replying.
 Is there any way of finding out what was actually cleaned?  Via a computer script / cmd or or something else? For the purpose of being  able to manually re-instate the files/parts of files Grimefighter has removed?
I understand that this may be a "stab in the dark " but I'm really keen to "get my old laptop back".
Thank you again.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
I received a reminder that my Grime Fighter subscription was due for renewal - I decided to run the programme (I can't remenber if I had done so before!). After reboot, Outlook didn't work so I searched and found this forum. I did as suggested and undid the changes and all is OK. I certainly won't be renewing my subscription. There doesn't seem to be much advice/help as to what Grime Fighter actually does to Outlook to cause this problem or how to solve the issue without undoing changes. There is little point in having a slightly faster PC if the e-mail client doesn't work.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »
GrimeFighter will soon be replaced by a new tool.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 05:57:20 PM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:01:31 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
Thank you for the information. I'm sorry that I can't sort my problem but I'm glad it helped at least one other person.