Author Topic: avast incomplete scan  (Read 3674 times)

REDACTED

avast incomplete scan
« on: August 11, 2015, 08:18:18 PM »
Avast free does not complete scan.  It goes up to 98% scan and does not complete.  I deleted Avast and then downloaded Avast again..Problem has not gone away.  Big mystery!  Using Windows 7 and ie11.  No problems with Avast for this past year until now...

Looking for a solution for this please.  Thanks in advance, Rick

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: avast incomplete scan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:27:36 PM »
Have you tried avast repair?

Controlpanel > ad / remove programs > avast > uninstall / change > repair option

if still a problem, can you see what file it is working / stopping at?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:08 PM »
Hi.  I tried the repair function in Control panel.  It tells me that the repair was successfull.  I also filled out the registration form.  I ran a new test and it stalled at 66%, although all six orange blobs lit up as if it was done.  It stalls at the "performance issues" that being the last orange blobs...Sorry, don't know what else to call them.  I cannot locate any file name that hangs it up

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:03:10 PM »
can you post a screenshot?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »
Sorry,  I don't know how to do a screen shot.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »
Hi Pondus.  Print screen wouldn't work for me, but I found a video showing how to use a snipping tool.  I'll try to send it now.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »
and if you dont use smart scan but one of the others?

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 11:47:40 PM »
Hi again.  All seperate scan modules work perfectly by themselves, however the "performance" scan hangs up at 98% and won't complete.  This module seems to be the problem here.  When I first tried this module.  It was "loading" but wouldn't actually load.  I did a restart and got it to load and it would only go to 98% and hang there.

I looked at Windows performance issues and only got a message saying that Skype was not updated, everything else was good to go.  Hmmmm!

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »
i just upgraded to premium and i also find the smart scan gets stuck at 98%, even after waiting for 2 days for it to do its work!

so i stopped it and ran the separate components of smart scan and all work fine except for performance issues, which hangs at 99%.

i hope this screen shot comes through:

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »
Sounds like a bug, wait for one of the devs and/or submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0