Author Topic: Zonealarm can not detect Avast?  (Read 3094 times)

AvastForever

Zonealarm can not detect Avast?
« on: November 03, 2005, 01:16:31 AM »
I have the latest version of ZA and Avast 4.6. And Zonealarm is not detecting Avast as a antivirus. Whats going on and would this be fix in later version of ZA? Sorry If this been mention before.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Zonealarm can not detect Avast?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 01:20:44 AM »
Yes, mentioned before a lot of times. ZA will only detect the antivirus they make a deal with, their own antivirus and some others.
avast! is not the only one that is not detected. avast! should be detected by Windows Security Center and it's ok. You're protected even if ZA says you're not :P
The best things in life are free.

AvastForever

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »
Yes, mentioned before a lot of times. ZA will only detect the antivirus they make a deal with, their own antivirus and some others.
avast! is not the only one that is not detected. avast! should be detected by Windows Security Center and it's ok. You're protected even if ZA says you're not :P

ok thanks. I guess i should start searching the forum for stuff i need help, maybe it was already posted. I guess ZA dont want to support Avast because they know its the best and they dont want NAV and other antivirus to get jeoulous. ;D :D ;) :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 01:34:49 AM »
Not so much can't detect but won't detect because it has an anti-virus profduct it would like  to sell you ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security