Author Topic: Arovax AntiSpyware (New)  (Read 30015 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Arovax AntiSpyware (New)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 02:06:15 PM »
:) I would not touch this product with a 10- ft pole UNTIL
     it makes Eric Howes list of "Trustworthy Anti-Spyware
     Products" on his spywarewarrior.com site .
The precaution is needed when you don't know the company.
Arovax is safe. No need to burn it with trust or not trust applications. This was discussed a lot in the past. First approach was against the company. After a while, knowing them, you'll see who they are. By the way, without being mentioned in that site is a good signal after all.
The best things in life are free.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 07:45:09 PM »
 :)  Arovax is listed on Eric Howes "Not On the List" section
     of  "Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products".

He also says :

"I always urge users to stick to the short list of anti-spyware applications that have proven track records for trustworthy performance. "

Inu-Ya

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 10:42:38 PM »
We never said members *HAD* to test it out. Well, You would have to test it out to give us feedback but At least we're trying are best to keep it moving along with the others. I'm testing it out still and loving it. Have had to problems. Beta is to be released in a couple of days. Avatars are to be released to members soon. Banners are un aware of at this time.

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 11:13:54 PM »
I'm wondering how Avorax shapes up as far as compatability with Avast! resident Protection, WebShield ; and other system monitoring programs like WinPatrol. ? Anyone using Avast! with Avorax, or is it either one or the other ?
Inu-Ya I noticed after posting you've listed Avast! and Avorax in your signature ...oops !  ;) Any compatability  problems ?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:18:02 PM by Abraxas »

Inu-Ya

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »
I have had no problem when running both. They seem to work together  ::)

Arovax Anti-Spyware is still in testing. Arovax Shield is being Improved. Nospam is being monitored for further Improving. We're all doing good here. The Beta for Arovax Anti-Spyware is still un aware of.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 02:33:14 AM »
Abraxas, Avorax is in Alpha state.
I don't think that right now all features are there. I did not find, yet, a resident.
So no compatability troubles with avast! or other system monitoring programs like WinPatrol.
If fact, I don't expect problems as this two residents are a bit diferent in conception: virus is low level scannig and spyware not. Mabye I'm wrong. I need the wisdom of the programmers here  :)

Inu-Ya

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
New Avatars have been made for Arovax members! Linked here.

I was the member who thought of the Idea  ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 12:11:00 PM by Inu-Ya »

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 06:41:56 PM »
Abraxas, Avorax is in Alpha state.
I don't think that right now all features are there. I did not find, yet, a resident.
So no compatability troubles with avast! or other system monitoring programs like WinPatrol.
If fact, I don't expect problems as this two residents are a bit diferent in conception: virus is low level scannig and spyware not. Mabye I'm wrong. I need the wisdom of the programmers here :)
Thanks Tech , I realise " Avorax is in Alpha state " , and i'm always looking for new and effective Anti-Spyware programs , aren't we all  ;).
In the past I've learn't alot from experimenting , and are a sucker for any new programs which will compliment Avast !
Avorax looks interesting. I'll be keeping my eye on it. I find I must remember that " I control the technology, not it controls me."
It's easy to fall into a trap of too much experimentation. Information gained here at the Avast! forum is generally better than any other sites I've visited. The bottom line is I don't get viruses , ;D how my system is set up at the moment ,  but things change all the time as regards threats , and the more info the better. Often new Anti-Spyware programs are hailed as great because they detect apparent infections. A lot of the time they turn out as false positives. It's a fine line between being protected, and chasing your tail testing different programs. Unfortunately the Internet is a mine field .I'll most likely give Avorax a try, I think i've used just about everything else that's available .  ;D 8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 07:07:22 PM »
Often new Anti-Spyware programs are hailed as great because they detect apparent infections. A lot of the time they turn out as false positives. It's a fine line between being protected, and chasing your tail testing different programs.
I'll tell more: not often, but quite often. Users think that the detection of these aparent infections reveals the power of the antispyware... lost of money and the system stability. Arovax has false positives too.

Inu-Ya

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 09:47:06 PM »
Sadly, I have to agree with you on the False Positives Tech.

But, since it's an Alpha, we all understand here right? the program yet runs nicely in the background. Having no problems. let me or (Arovax) know if you find any bugs

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 09:49:25 PM »
The program yet runs nicely in the background.
I thought it was just an on-demand (non-resident) scanner  ::)

Inu-Ya

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 10:55:06 PM »
Yet true. But have you done a Scan and found these result to find in the Registry file: Battler.batch? Another users found this in his deep scan. I did a google search and it appears to be a Trojan but avast nor.. MS Anti-Spyware, Spybot and even Lavasoft detected it.  :-\ What's the problem here?

cerbey

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 11:29:11 PM »
The program yet runs nicely in the background.
I thought it was just an on-demand (non-resident) scanner  ::)

Ofcourse Tech, you are right. Arovax AntiSpyware (Alpha) has no resident monitor. And it does not sit in the tray. Only Arovax Shield does sit in the background :)

cerbey

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 11:38:07 PM »
Yet true. But have you done a Scan and found these result to find in the Registry file: Battler.batch? Another users found this in his deep scan. I did a google search and it appears to be a Trojan but avast nor.. MS Anti-Spyware, Spybot and even Lavasoft detected it.  :-\ What's the problem here?

This problem will be solved in the beta version of Arovax AntiSpyware. Please wait till then.

Inu-Ya

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2005, 11:47:21 PM »
Got ya. Will wait.