Author Topic: New features for avast 2016  (Read 7999 times)

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
New features for avast 2016
« on: June 12, 2015, 12:09:04 PM »
Hello,

User Dmitriy Fox suggested some new features for the next version of avast.

1. Automatically uncheck unrelated offers while installing software. It will prevent from installing different types of adware and crapware. This functionality offers unchecky (http://unchecky.com/).
2. Autorun control. I think it's a very useful feature, some of AV vendors have it.

What do you think about it?

You can find his suggestions here in Russian: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=172196.0

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: New features for avast 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »
Hello,

1. Automatically uncheck unrelated offers while installing software. It will prevent from installing different types of adware and crapware. This functionality offers unchecky (http://unchecky.com/).
2. Autorun control. I think it's a very useful feature, some of AV vendors have it.

You can find his suggestions here in Russian: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=172196.0
I think 1st option is not needed at this time as unchecky give us the prevention.2nd one is needed.In my opinion avast should add ad blocker in Avast free version,Avast should give user the option to hide upgrade button,and give hide IP option to free users.What you think?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
I see your point of view about 1st option, but it'll be useful for beginners, who doesn't know anything about unchecky or don't want to use another tools.

Secureline will be only for paid users I think...

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
Hello,

I think 1st option is not needed at this time as unchecky give us the prevention.2nd one is needed.In my opinion avast should add ad blocker in Avast free version,Avast should give user the option to hide upgrade button,and give hide IP option to free users.What you think?

As far as Ad blocker goes, Avast shouldn't install Ad blocker (having much bloatware) and unnecessary . You can download Ad Blocker from online. I use Ad Block Plus.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:32:52 PM »
Yes avast should add a free function of Secureline (only basic  function) for all of free antivirus who use public wi-fi hotspots all over the world. :)Avast should give user the option to hide upgrade button for free only.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Dmitriy Fox

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »

[/quote]

Hello. Sorry, I known English very bad, therefore I use Google Translate. I do not agree with you. When I spoke about the "program to remove" ticks "that, of course, meant unchecky.I think this functionality should be implemented in the antivirus, as it is already developing Kaspersky Lab and sold in the Chinese Anti-Virus. If you install Unchecky, then, firstly, it is an additional program on your computer, which occupies a certain amount of RAM, there were cases of conflict with antivirus (false positives, but still unpleasant). Second, most casual users lay the entire antivirus protection only, and do not build the bastions of various ligaments, albeit useful, software. Most of the work with the settings "default", not wanting to understand the anti-virus settings, and when a user Unchecky in any way, but will make exceptions, to prescribe rules. Normal average user does not want problems with the installation of additional security software that will require intervention from him in antivirus, he wants to antivirus (especially, complex) perfectly protected, if not by all, almost of all, including those from hidden programs and the settings "default". In fact, because a withdrawal of "ticks" - is, to a certain extent, the protection of the pop, which should provide anti-spyware module is antivirus. Finally, third, not many ordinary people have heard of such a program as Unchecky, it is little known, and Avast are used by hundreds of millions, so this feature is antivirus would be helpful.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 06:03:08 PM »
Interesting suggestions by Dmitriy Fox  and in my opinion logical rational. :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »
Yes avast should add a free function of Secureline (only basic  function) for all of free antivirus who use public wi-fi hotspots all over the world. :)Avast should give user the option to hide upgrade button for free only.

Since there is a cost involved in providing SecureLine, I rather doubt it will be free.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »

Since there is a cost involved in providing SecureLine, I rather doubt it will be free.

Yes I agree with David's point of view, as I understand there can be significant cost in maintaining Servers around the Globe.

Offline Dmitriy Fox

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 07:17:59 PM »
Dear friends. I want to say about another issue that is a stumbling block for many vendors. This is the problem of eliminating the consequences of the activities of pop and some viruses. I'm talking about such moments as changing the browser start page, change browser settings, prescription of proxy servers and other. Not to remove or pop TNG, who will eliminate the consequences of their stay in the system? User. But for most ordinary of ordinary users is a huge problem. They are forced to call the masters, "knowledgeable people" carry services, etc., so that they all have corrected, corrected. The result - a great material costs. By analogy with medicine, because after the patient had the surgery and removed, for example, cancer begins a period of rehabilitation, reconstruction, and are engaged in the same doctors, not the patient. Antivirus, unfortunately, only removed (sometimes treated, but the treatment is only in the removal of malicious code), and who will restore what changed malware? Yes, in some anti-virus software has a function as a roll back to the previous state (if not mistaken, there is a technology of Norton, Kaspersky to do something in that direction), but for some reason, not all vendors are developing this direction. For example, virus scanners HitmanPro, Zemana Antimalware, not only removes the PPP, pop and all kinds of malware, and fixes all the changes made by these programs (for example, restore the settings of browsers that came before malicious activity deleted malware). Why do not anti-virus software (at least most)?

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
Dmitriy, avast already have such tool with similiar functions, it's called BCU (browser cleanup). Of course, it can't cancel all the job done by adware, but it can remove unwanted browser extensions and change start page.  ;)

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
And what about Antimalware Scan Interface for windows 10 users? I'd like to see this feature implemented into avast.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn889587%28v=vs.85%29.aspx