Author Topic: update problem  (Read 2700 times)

bpt

update problem
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »
I am running Win ME and have installed Avast after I started crashing following an AVG update. But I cannot get Avast to update. It says it cannot connect to the download server. I have closed Zonealarm in case thaere was a problem there but to no avail.
Anyone had that problem or got a solution?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: update problem
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 12:50:58 PM »
Check this link http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html

avast! Web Shield compatibility dialogue - Install/Update Question - YES or NO

If you are using ZoneAlarm Free you should click NO, because privacy features are not present in ZoneAlarm Free this will not turn off webshield transparent mode proxy.
Use a text editor and edit the avast4.ini file, the default installation location is C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini (I would advise you copy avast4.ini before editing it, just in case).
Locate the line containing ZoneAlarmCompatibility= and delete that line.  Save the edited avast4.ini file.

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro and Privacy Control in ZoneAlarm is set to High and if you click YES in avast comptability dialog box the transparent mode proxy in webshield will be turned off you have to manually configure browser to access internet. To manually configure your browser watch instructional video
The best things in life are free.