Author Topic: Enabling record on formatted pc  (Read 2202 times)

REDACTED

Enabling record on formatted pc
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:13:35 AM »
Good evening , I have a hard time ...

I bought a license for Internet Security , however my computer had to be formatted, downloaded the free version and activated with my serial IS, put on my tab says I 'm two computers using the same license , obviously on account says that one of the computers are offline because it is the same computer that was formatted .
I do not know if that's why but antivirus firewall is disabled and can not activate it. Can anyone help me ? I'm sorry for typing errors , I am Brazilian and my English is basic.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Enabling record on formatted pc
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:24:03 AM »
Was AIS (Avast Internet Security) uninstalled before the reformat?

Just in case I'll get a hold of an avast team member to assist you.
Keep in mind it's the weekend and they may not respond until sometime next week.
Please be patient and keep watching this thread.

edit: As long as you have the Windows Firewall you have protection. You just don't have all of the "extras".
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:25:48 AM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:34:06 AM »
I do not know if that's why but antivirus firewall is disabled and can not activate it. Can anyone help me ?
Repair Avast:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> Avast
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »
I think the main issue is "not" uninstalling AIS before the HDD reformat.
That said, as far as his license goes it shows it's still in use on the same machine except the reformat changed everything.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »
Let him repair and report back, we'll take it from there.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
If he has a license for one pc, he should first remove the old installation from his Avast Account.

In Avast go to Account, or go to https://my.avast.com and select the old installation - Settings - Tools - Delete from Account.
After he has repaired Avast, he can add the current installation to his Avast Account.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:21:27 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )