Author Topic: Computer won't boot with Grimefighter  (Read 53840 times)

Offline ckr.minecraft

Re: Computer won't boot with Grimefighter
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2015, 04:17:05 PM »
1. at boot-up quickly hold "del' this opens the BIOS setup
2.find the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th boots
3.change 1st which is "avast grimefighter" to "LAN"
4.now goto exit and click save changes
5.then, shutdown your pc and then turn it on
6.your pc will boot in to windows :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 19.9.2394.B1 - CC 5.63 - EEK - Firefox ESR 68.2 [NS/AOS/uBO] - Thunderbird 68.2.2 [EM] - ACP/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline vertigo106

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
Oh, I put forth a considerable amount of time to boot up the machine that ran into this problem. As described Grimefighter completely took over the computer and booted to the sedation screen, after 15 minutes I was prompted to contact support. Well to fix it I had to put in the windows 8 DVD, boot up using it (if using UEFI, it must be from a secure boot), go into troubleshooting > advanced options > command prompt. From there I rebuilt the bootloader using bootrec and bootbcd commands (there are all kinds of tutorials online). After which I went and deleted the Avast folder from Program Files as well as all files in Windows\temp. Apparently the bootloader is rewritten from the temp directory every time the machine is booted up if the exe is still there. Once completed I was able to exit and the Windows 8 logo showed up once again during boot up, Grimefighter was terminated. I tell all of my clients from henceforth to remove the grimefighter component from Avast! via Control Panel ASAP. I sense a pending lawsuit...

Offline krisstrife

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
I'm having the initial problem with the no more processes left on this runlevel error. I'm running Windows 7 and have an AMD card on the affected computer. Oddly, I've used it on three computers, including an old Dell that only has a single 2 gig ram stick, and my gaming desktop is the only one that has a problem.

Offline sevugan

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
I recently bought Grimfighter.
Its the worst software I have ever ran on my machine.
After running Grimfighter, and running it, it first did File System Cleanup.
Then suggested to do Registry editor cleanup, which I did.
After which restart did happen.
Which ever moron developed this piece of software and tested should redo and fix this.
My OS Did not boot, and like any other user, it just stopped with a blinking cursor.
Then - on force restarting Windows, tried Safemode which failed too.
Then tried force restarting Windows and selected given option by Windows to repair Startup.
Then my PC with Windows 7 began working.

Avast, if you are unable to deliver a piece of software for an OS that was developed 4 years before, please get out of the business than trying to charge people by selling your Buggy Virus / Malware in the name of Anti Malware and Anti Virus.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:31:39 AM by sevugan »

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 06:56:57 AM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 19.9.2394.B1 - CC 5.63 - EEK - Firefox ESR 68.2 [NS/AOS/uBO] - Thunderbird 68.2.2 [EM] - ACP/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0