Author Topic: Malwarebytes Antimalware Lifetime license back for limited time.  (Read 7940 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium v2
Includes a lifetime, non-expiring, 1-PC license

http://store.downloadcrew.com/?act=search&brand=152
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:37:32 PM by Charyb »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Malwarebytes Antimalware Lifetime license back for limited time.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »
I've asked Malwarebytes and they say it is hacked key.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:46:26 PM »
I've asked Malwarebytes and they say it is hacked key.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Edit: Can somebody please bloody SHOOT ME in the head!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:48:17 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »
MBAM said that this is meant as an amnesty for users that were being misled into using a hacked key, now they get a annual licence for free.  ;D
MBAM used an insecure  key algorithm for their license, what made illecit key generating a quite simple task. These license key holders (some of which are pirates) now have the benefit of a 12 month licence for free. The MBAM CEO would like to have manually checked all keys, but that is rather unpractical, so this is why they choose for this solution. Again why didn't  they record all license pay info?

polonus

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
There are always those who think profiting at the expense of others is just being "thrifty" It's a war out there.:-\
I purchased 2 Lifetime licenses for my  OS's using the link provided on the MBAM forum which directed to the MBAM website.
I agree that it is unfortunate the guys at MBAM were not more stringent in their "key security".

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »
Got a feedback from MBAM see link https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169874-general-question-about-mbam-premium-20/?p=972808

Fingers Cross when I check my father laptop ASAP :-X :-\
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
Hi SpeedyPC,

That might be a line to lifetime MBAM-cheese..
I will keep my fingers crossed for ye.

polonus

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 10:10:12 PM »
As I have read the license key can be easily checked through a program update.
Questionable licenses from questionable affiliates coming from the Interwebs will then be changed into an annual license key.
The whole licensing procedure will be dropped and altered after that.
So always go for the real McCoy.

polonus

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:18:49 AM »
How it will work - legit users will register anew when they have lost their key or when MB does no longer function apparently.
You get a new key for free and after a year you pay for your renewal - nice and easy.
Pirates will never register, they will try to find a new breach every time, because they are built that way.

polonus

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 05:12:02 AM »
G'day :)

I've checked my father laptop and it a real legitimate lifetime license as Becky said at MBAM forum when I bought it at downloadcrew.....................PHEW! I was about to have a bloody heart attack and I would like to buy one more for my Uncle as well before it to late as I'm not 100% how many they've got left to spare and I'm not sure I should try again and buy it from downloadcrew.

@ Charyb your very lucky to stay alive cause my cricket bat was about to get you, and I thought I could trust an Avast Evangelist who posted the real thing because you got me worried ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:04:58 AM by SpeedyPC »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
I'd upgraded my free version of MBAM to Pro shortly before the reorganization which changed the latter's name to Premium and which changed the licensing to annual.  This was part of the recommended two-step protection against Crypto-Locker, the other step being to install and keep updated Crypto-Prevent.

So far, knock wood, MB has fully honored the one-time lifetime license agreement for Pro for those who licensed it back then.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 01:25:06 AM »
G'day :)

I've checked my father laptop and it a real legitimate lifetime license as Becky said at MBAM forum when I bought it at downloadcrew.....................PHEW! I was about to have a bloody heart attack and I would like to buy one more for my Uncle as well before it to late as I'm not 100% how many they've got left to spare and I'm not sure I should try again and buy it from downloadcrew.

@ Charyb your very lucky to stay alive cause my cricket bat was about to get you, and I thought I could trust an Avast Evangelist who posted the real thing because you got me worried ;)
The deal is perfectly legitimate. There are a couple on this forum who spread FUD because they don't have any first-hand knowledge.