Author Topic: AVAST 2015 R3 RC (2015.10.3.2222)  (Read 91601 times)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: NEW AVAST 2015 R3 Beta
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Why are all these proactive features stuffed under individual shields or even under broad settings? It's so confusing. Why not create a dedicated proactive shield that has the Hardened mode controls under it, HIPS controls and other global features that are designed for proactive protection?

I don't se cramming of everything into already crowded settings and there you have the sheild list that is 3/4 empty...

Currently, HIPS settings are hidden underneath File System Shield -> Sensitivity submenu which is frankly a bit inconvenient place to have it...
Totally agree. All the extra protection is nice but if you can't find it, what good is it going to do anyone.
Most users including me believe in "Keep it Simple Stupid".

I agree too :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:27 PM »
LOL :D Guys, I read about HIPS in the morning only in the first post, now I was searching for it's settings for at least 10 minutes until I have looked at the screenshots in the forum :D True story :D It is really well hidden :D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
LOL :D Guys, I read about HIPS in the morning only in the first post, now I was searching for it's settings for at least 10 minutes until I have looked at the screenshots in the forum :D True story :D It is really well hidden :D
Yep, it's hidden well... ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
This version did everything except allow me to use my HP Envy Win8.1. I lost tray icons, Firefox would not open, avast GUI would not open.
Various other programs did not open or if they did they didn't work. After three reboots I was able to access my download folder so I could use the avast uninstaller. That finally worked so I could remove this version. I really look forward to beta testing unless it doesn't
work for me. Back to v2015.10.2.2218.

While I had this beta installed I tried to access the setup file so I could save it. I couldn't even do that.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Cast

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »
Interesting that you have an HP Envy as well and also had issues with the program. I got a blue screen after I rebooted and then thats where I had most of my issues but mine was more like the program was slow to do much of anything so I uninstalled it and used the clear tool and reinstalled and strangely the second time around everything was working right, even the reboot went smoothly.

Though im not really impressed with cleanup(and btw has anyone else noticed that a lot of other av vendors have also had "windows clean programs"?) its still not very informative, sure now it shows how much data and issues but still not exactly what it has identified.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 11:05:27 PM »
What does free for beta testers means?
I mean if you test Avast Pro, you will get Pro, if you test Internet Security, you will get IS free?
Is this a lottery system or every beta testers gets free & guess 1 licence for 1 system 1 year free?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »
I mean if you test Avast Pro, you will get Pro, if you test Internet Security, you will get IS free?
Is this a lottery system or every beta testers gets free & guess 1 licence for 1 system 1 year free?

You can test that version for the duration of the testing period.
After which you can either purchase a license for the paid version or revert to the free version.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:50 PM »

• Grimefighter is now redone and called Cleanup.
            - free for beta testers

Only Cleanup is free for Beta testers, at least during Beta testing.
But what the concequenses are if you revert from the paid version to the free version, is not clear to me.
Can you still undo changes made during Beta testing for exemple ?

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:42:04 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 12:10:25 AM »
I installed Avast Internet Security Beta.
Install went fine.
After restart its Avast Free Beta & not AIS Beta?

Offline Martin Kudlicka

• Avast team
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »
Can you still undo changes made during Beta testing for exemple ?
You can undo (some) changes by standard System Restore tool in Windows. There should be Avast Cleanup restore point made every time you run cleanup or registry optimization. By reverting back it restores registry changes and some system file related changes. Removed log files, temporary files etc. won't be restored.
Avast Support Tool - https://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle
Avast support - https://support.avast.com - submit a support ticket

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
It about time Avast has included HIPS in their beta version which I've been waiting for years since Comodo and Outpost Pro has HIPS, and I'm looking forward to the final release when it's ready.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 07:43:21 PM »
I hope this beta will last till the end of July and then start the avast 2016 I just think test versions of avast becomes thy spend more time being tested and I think for every beta release more news spectacular as was the case with the hips more I think avast launched less than last year's versions and I have a suggestion why not create an alpha channel to the avast so we would have the normal channel the channel beta and alpha channel that would be only for testers who have suggestions ideas to the product and could test the news before even of them launched in beta channels srem that alpha channel would be only for people that test antivirus software every day or want to contribute with some comment suggestion etc

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »
This version did everything except allow me to use my HP Envy Win8.1. I lost tray icons, Firefox would not open, avast GUI would not open.

That's interesting... HP Pavilion 11 x360 notebook with Win 8.1 Pro 64bit - everything seems to work just fine here.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »
I have a suggestion why not create an alpha channel to the avast so we would have the normal channel the channel beta and alpha channel that would be only for testers who have suggestions ideas to the product and could test the news.

What do you think this version is leading up to?
avast added something to be tested before the v2016 beta is released.
Of course I'm just speculating. But still it's something to think about.

If you have a suggestion for future versions use https://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 11:16:33 PM »

That's interesting... HP Pavilion 11 x360 notebook with Win 8.1 Pro 64bit - everything seems to work just fine here.

"Interesting" is the perfect term. Another is "befuddled". I should have noted that I tried a clean install too.
I'll give it another go tomorrow. Women's World Cup is on now.