Author Topic: avast enpoint protection suite plus firewall on block to application  (Read 3549 times)

REDACTED

I Would like to inquire about avast enpoint protection suite plus on the firewall.
Whether avast firewall software can bloking apllication that the software could not appear when want to open it? I read avast bloking application firewall be able to , but i have followed the way can still open and can access the internet whereas out its accesses i have already blocking .Example application that i use avast bloking firewall is google and others.
Please its assistance to avast firewall , and please explain its function avast firewall.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: avast enpoint protection suite plus firewall on block to application
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »
I do not see any ports specified in your rule.  In general port 80 would be HTTP and Port 443 would be HTTTPS.  You can try adding these to the Chrome rule.

Curious as to why you would want to do this? If you didn't want your clients to browse the web there are far easier methods to accomplishing this.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
I've tried to by adding port 80 and port 443 on avast firewall to block google chrome, but the results could not . Because i have client want to do software use block avast firewall .And i try it turns out that failed .Is there his way for avast firewall ?If there is please tell me with using a screen shoot. Help Me Mac. Thankyou. :)

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »
Hi Dominic,

I have successfully blocked chrome in one of my Virtual Machines.  Using the Rule setup exactly in your screenshot.

Try this: Delete your custom rule, then open Chrome and avast should auto-build a rule for the application.  Then edit this rule to change internet-out to block and see what results you get.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 06:55:00 AM »
Hi Mac,

The results still cannot block google chrome application and can be access google chrome .If they only block are unable to access my website can do it .But i ask how to block application for example google chrome? If there is the solution please help me to overcome this problem .This problem in client requested from using avast want to know and uses avast firewall. Thank you Mac.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:20 AM »
Those screenshots look correct, and chrome shouldn't have web access.  Can you post the rules page with everything collapsed, just so we can check for any other rule that may allow this?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:22 AM »
Hi MAC,

Do i have to check the configuration of avast who was in aea console? In firewall who are packet rules need to add adress and local port? Thankyou MAC.