Author Topic: Wireless Keyboard  (Read 4764 times)

indigo

Wireless Keyboard
« on: November 04, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »
Hi If I scan at startup av reports Trojan but can't use wireless keyboard to delete
Normal scan doesn't find Trojan. Is there a fix for the problem with USB & wireless keyboards?  :-\

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Wireless Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 05:21:08 PM »
This is a known issue with usb wireless keyboards and mice, they need to be enabled in the BIOS settings so they can be detected and used in a non windows environment, e.g. before windows starts.

You could as a temporary measure plug in a ps2 keyboard and boot then select the boot-time scan again, but the better option is to ensure your BIOS settings detect/usb devices on boot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 07:46:26 PM »
I think you can set the automatic action to 'move' so you don't have to use the keyboard.

Click 'advanced options' and select 'move' when you schedule the scan.

Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 08:32:50 PM »
I think you can set the automatic action to 'move' so you don't have to use the keyboard.
I won't recommend that as for system files you could be in danger and lost boot capacity.
I would install the beta version 4.6.718 and use 'Move infected file to Chest' option.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:54:09 PM »
Rather than treat the sympton (usb keyboard outside windows on boot), you should treat the disease, enable USB devices on boot from within the BIOS. This is by far the best and probably the quickest option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DamienTC

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 06:54:04 PM »
Hi good people

I have the same problem with an USB keyboard. I've tried to locate the settings in the BIOS, and as far as I can tell, the BIOS recognizes both the USB mouse and keyboard. Unfortunately I get no response from the keyboard during and after the boot-scan ....  ???

There is setting called HiSpeed USB *** kbps second and something calles Fast-(Something) USB, which is much slower. Should I try to change that and will it help?

I really need to kill the small horde of vira on my computer... I almost can use it anymore... :(

Btw - I've tried to put the Ps2-thingy on the keyboard. That doesn't work either

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 06:56:49 PM by DamienTC »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »
Unfortunately I get no response from the keyboard during and after the boot-scan
After the boot time scanning finished? Strange...
During... well, maybe you need drivers to do so and not only BIOS recognition...
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 07:39:20 PM »

There are also adapters made so that you can plug USB keyboards/mice into the PS2 connections so that they work on startup. That could be a temporary fix and then you can go back to USB connections if you would like.