Author Topic: Still not supporting Win8.1??  (Read 2579 times)

REDACTED

Still not supporting Win8.1??
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »
Hi - we have had the education license for over a year now, and I still seem to not be able to deploy to a Win8 device and have it show the installed application running.  The deployment server says that it is running, but the endpoint reboots and then doesn't show any running Avast services.  Any ideas?

Offline zlamare

Re: Still not supporting Win8.1??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
I have it working on the few W8.1 machines that we have, including a Surface Pro 3. The only hiccup that I had was when trying to install it over wireless and the installer not fully completing, even though it registered on the console as being installed and online. The client had the services, but no other traces of Avast being on the machine (nothing in the task bar, start screen, etc.).

It (annoyingly) would leave some files in the TEMP folder on the server and client, which when I tried to re-deploy the software would immediately make it fail. Deleting the files out of the client machine and server (which required me to stop the enterprise services) seemed to clear it up.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Still not supporting Win8.1??
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 02:52:43 AM »
We have many clients running the current release on 8.1.  It may be helpful to remove the client using the aswcler utility and do a clean install or push deployment and see fi this helps.

aswclear: https://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay