Author Topic: Is there a way to change my registered email address?  (Read 4015 times)

REDACTED

Is there a way to change my registered email address?
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
I just re-registered with Avast Free for another year and when doing so I typed too quickly and ended up messing up my email, so I can't receive the confirmation email.

I was wondering if there was a way to change my registered email address to my actual email address to receive the confirmation email and if so, how?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Is there a way to change my registered email address?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
Yes you can have it changed.
It has already been explained multiple times.
Please (re)search before posting.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
Yes you can have it changed.
It has already been explained multiple times.
Please (re)search before posting.

I've done some advanced searches throughout the forums and I wasn't able to find answers that could help me personally. Since I typed my email incorrectly it's not a real email address and I can't retrieve a confirmation email and if I remember from the first time I got Avast Free for my home laptop I'll need the confirmation email for a key (please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you could please tell me how I can have it changed or redirect me to some forum pages that will help me it would be much appreciated. I feel like I'm at a loss here and any help to point me in the right direction would be useful.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:50:11 PM »
I changed mine by going to profile, account settings.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
I just re-registered with Avast Free for another year and when doing so I typed too quickly and ended up messing up my email, so I can't receive the confirmation email.

I was wondering if there was a way to change my registered email address to my actual email address to receive the confirmation email and if so, how?

https://my.avast.com/en-us/#web/faq/6