Author Topic: SecureLine won't connect with Windows 10  (Read 9804 times)

REDACTED

SecureLine won't connect with Windows 10
« on: June 27, 2015, 10:43:47 PM »
Hi,

a couple months back I made the huge mistake of purchasing a 2-year subscription for the SecureLine VPN. I started having issues pretty much immediately after installation (it would constantly disconnect and wouldn't connect automatically on startup), so I contacted Avast and asked for a refund. Well, nobody ever got back to me.
Now I just installed the Windows 10 technical preview (Build 10074) and even though, according to their website, Avast Free Antivirus is compatible with Windows 10, SecureLine now completely refuses to establish a connection. I paid €80 for this thing and when I requested a refund just days after purchasing it, I was ignored. Now it doesn't work at all and I'm starting to get really frustrated.

Has anyone had similar issues or does anyone know a way to fix this?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: SecureLine won't connect with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:20:43 PM »
Welcome.
Well firstly Avast Anti virus is compatible with W10 Preview but the "additional" secureline component/VPN Service is separate from the Anti virus software.
Possibly there are other users with W10 Preview and Secureline who may be able to add some information or confirm an issue.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:04 AM »
If you mention your ticket number here, we can try to have someone from avast to have a look at it.

Offline anarkii

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »
Hey bud,

Someone from the community already figured out the problem and can be easily fixed by a simple registry fix.
Follow the instructions here in one of the replies:

please try this:

- open regedit (from cortana window just type regedit) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
- then press ctrl+f and search for aswtap (should be located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\000X - where X stands for the instance of SecureLine adapter)
- create new string value here (value name = ComponentId, value data = aswtap)
- if the above string already exists, just right click ComponentId and then modify. Enter in aswtap
- close registry editor
- enable SecureLine adapter and disable it again (when you are not connected to SecureLine, adapter should be disabled as default)
- try to connect to SecureLine

*note: aswtap must be all lowercase when you enter that data.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:10:41 PM by anarkii »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
anarkii is referring to this topic: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=169002.0  :)

Offline travelnron

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 02:22:06 AM »
Are you saying anarki was wrong? I just want to know how to get SecureLine working in Win10.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:03 AM »
Are you saying anarki was wrong? I just want to know how to get SecureLine working in Win10.

Apparently those who have applied the change in Reg entry have success.
I personally didn't have, and don't have any issue using Secureline on Windows 10 64 Bit so I personally did not need to change any Reg entry  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
Same problem here. Avast will have to adapt SecureLine to work with Windows 10. In the description it does say it is compliant with Windows 7 and 8.

Regards,
Robin