Author Topic: Screen view bug  (Read 4157 times)

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Screen view bug
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:47:14 PM »
When the battery low icon appears if you press activate it changes the style of screen view from auto rotate to be set to profile view only. When you plug the charger in it resets back to auto rotate (if you have that set as default of course).
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: Screen view bug
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
Hi patrice58,

not too long ago we added an option to lock the screen rotation to the profile settings. In Emergency Mode, the rotation is by default locked (because then the gyro can stay off, which will save a tiny bit of battery too), in Optimized it's by default as you had it before installing Battery Saver. When you plug in your charger, the profile switches back to Optimized so it enables the screen rotation again.

If you want to change this behavior, open the desired profile, open Advanced Settings and check the Screen Rotation switch.

Ondra

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Screen view bug
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
Oh ok I thought it was a little strange I did not know it was by design. Thanks for the explanation.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,