Author Topic: Annoying warning timeout messages  (Read 2622 times)

sharantyr

Annoying warning timeout messages
« on: November 07, 2005, 09:08:42 PM »

Could someone help me to remove those messages? I'd like have auto -yes one time then auto no, or auto everytime, I don't care but THAT MESSAGE POPS UP WHEN I M USING FULL SCREEN APPS! :( :( And I checked the "Check if a full screen application is running before sending messages" but It doesnt work on every full screen application I use :/

Thanks.

And, Great software it rocks!

PS: Just a stupid question, but should I enable windows firewall wheread I already avast software (free version)? I mean is avast a firewall?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Annoying warning timeout messages
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:43:54 PM »
That option (Check for full screen apps...) was meant to prevent displaying notifications (like, "VPS file was updated") - but not for error messages like this one.
Do you have correct options set on "Update (Connections)" page?

And no, avast! is not a firewall, it is advisable to use one in addition.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:44:36 PM »
Could someone help me to remove those messages?
You can increase both your avast! timeout: Internet Mail provider > Customize > Advanced (tab)
and your email account timeout (generally, right click the email account, choose properties and the Advanced tab of settings).

Check if a full screen application is running before sending messages" but It doesnt work on every full screen application I use :/
That could happen due to troubles in last version.
Beta version should corrected this (4.6.726).

PS: Just a stupid question, but should I enable windows firewall wheread I already avast software (free version)? I mean is avast a firewall?
avast! is only an antivirus and not a firewall. You need Windows firewall or, better, a 3rd party one (ZoneAlarm free, for instance).
The best things in life are free.

sharantyr

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 10:58:35 PM »
Thanks for answers, I didnt tought I could find how to remove those messages in the email configuration part.

And I thought avast was doing firewall because of the name of "Bouclier réseau"(Network shield) means for me firewall.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 12:49:10 AM »
And I thought avast was doing firewall because of the name of "Bouclier réseau"(Network shield) means for me firewall.
Network Shield is a protection against known Internet worms/attacks. It analyses all network traffic and scans it for malicious contents. It can be also taken as a lightweight firewall (or more precisely, an IDS (Intrusion Detection System).

Network Shield protects you from internet worms that spread themselves via various security holes in your system. Typicaly these kind of viruses don't infect files but instead  they attack running processes on your PC (either Windows components or some server programs like SQL Server, IIS etc.). These kind of attacks are not easily catched by ordinary antivirus during file or mail scanning. It is not a duplicate work with Standard Shield.
The best things in life are free.