Author Topic: Nexway questions  (Read 3081 times)

REDACTED

Nexway questions
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
Hello, recently I was investigating a charge on my paypal account. As I was looking I happened to stumble upon a charge from Nexway. Not recognizing the name, I clicked on more info and seen that it was set up for auto payments. I canceled the auto pay through paypal, and began investigating Nexway before I disputed the charge. My investigation led me to learn that Nexway handles billing for Avast. That had me stumped as I have been using free avast for the last two years. It then dawned on me that I did have Avast Internet Security installed on my Alienware laptop. A laptop that coincidentally hasn't been operational for the last two years. But I didn't recall having auto renew on the Avast. I figured oh well, I guess at least I can upgrade my avast for my new computer since I just paid for a new year of avast. From the application itself, I tried to log in. It kept telling me that my email was invalid. Ok, weird. So I went to the avast website and tried to log in. Same message. So I went to my email. Thankfully I save everything billing related, however I guess I need to check it more often as I would have seen the notice for auto renew. A quick search of my email shows my avast info back since 2012. Opening the most recent it was a thank you for renewing and it said if I had any issues to contact customer service. It also showed my email and a password to use once I clicked the link. I also felt that was a little weird, especially the password part. At this point I was beginning to panic again. But I clicked the link as I had seen that Nexway was approved by avast. I was able to log in there with no issue. Which again is weird since it says avast everywhere on the site, not Nexway,  but I cant login to the actual avast site (where I downloaded from in 2012)? It showed the same history back thru 2013 (2012 i used free). So from here I clicked to reinstall my purchase thinking it might be a bug. No issues with the download. Application asks for licence file, email from 2012 had that so I downloaded that. Application says it is not a valid licence file. Ok... so again from the application I try to enter my email and it again tells me there is no matching email on file.

By now I am getting angry because not only am I out $80.00 for the last two years, but I cant even use the service I paid for. I try to remain calm and go back to the official Avast website. I called the customer service number; 1-866-951-7679. I spoke with Kelly. I gave her the invoice number from my email. She said there was nothing on file for my email or that invoice number and asked me to explain the issue I was having. So I did. Once I was done she said my issue was with Nexway and I needed to contact them as she was affiliated with digital river. How did i get from avast customer service to digital river? Also I could not find a phone number for Nexway. But now, (thinking that I was being scammed) I wanted Avast itself, not an affiliate to help me.

Its so much easier to talk to a live person rather than deal with waiting on emails or forum replies. Especially in a complicated situation such as this. But I am giving it a shot before I dispute the paypal charges and file a complaint with BBB. Like I said I have used one version or another of Avast since 2012 and have been happy until now. Thank you for any help.

REDACTED

Re: Nexway questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:49 PM »
I have been reading through all the other forum posts from users in regards to Nexway. It seems there are many. But one in particular titled Re: Bad Billing from Avast-Nexway; had a reply from Eddy with a link to request a licence resend. I had my doubts, but I clicked it. It actually accepted my email address and sent my licence. Avast application is now showing paid again. So thank you Eddy!

I still have many questions including why my email wasn't working for avast since I had an account for so long and why avast customer service sent me to digital river. Such a mess. But I guess at least its working now.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Nexway questions
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »
The number you have called is not avast but a third party company and they really suck.
There are a huge amount of complains about them.
I suggest you never call them again.

avast is using two companies to handle financial transactions.
Nexway and Digital River.
Sending you to Digital River is another indication on how bad that third party company is.
What they should have done is sending you to Nexway, the avast ticket system or here.
https://support.avast.com (the ticket system)

Disabling auto-renewal should be done through the order information.
https://www.avast.com/find-order
Paypal can't do that.
They only can make a transaction undone.