Author Topic: avast home edition  (Read 3623 times)

msmac

avast home edition
« on: November 08, 2005, 11:57:41 AM »
i haven't installed the avast home edition i downloaded   :-\  because i really donot have any idea how it will work with the rest of the security softwares i have in my computer - spybot search & destroy , spyblocker (version 4.7),cookie wall , spyware blaster.  i have a nav pro edition installed in my computer (expiring in a month) but sooner or later i have to do the installation anyways.
would somebody tell me what to expect from avast (apart from the things i read in the internet) thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast home edition
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:08:04 PM »
Spybot search & destroy,cookie wall and spyware blaster work like a charm with avast. No trouble.
I don't know spyblocker but, generally, antispaware residents do not conflict with avast!
The major problem: NAV uninstall  :P  :P
Sorry, you should have patience to get rid from it (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12169.0).
Welcome to avast! forums  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »
As has been mentioned NAV is a real  pig to get rid of even after you uninstall it there are numerous registry keys remaining that can mess with other AVs installed later.

There are now many helpful links and tools to help, Norton Removal Links.

Check them out, download the tools if available for your version or print off the manual uninstall info and go off-line. Uninstall and either use the tools or check the manual instructions to ensure all of NAV is removed, then install avast!
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

msmac

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:03:46 PM »
Spybot search & destroy,cookie wall and spyware blaster work like a charm with avast. No trouble.
I don't know spyblocker but, generally, antispaware residents do not conflict with avast!
The major problem: NAV uninstall  :P  :P
Sorry, you should have patience to get rid from it (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12169.0).
Welcome to avast! forums  8)
(Welcome to avast! forums  8)
thanks ... i feel at home already ;D

(Spybot search & destroy,cookie wall and spyware blaster work like a charm with avast. No trouble.
I don't know spyblocker but, generally, antispaware residents do not conflict with avast!)
that's a relief!

(The major problem: NAV uninstall  :P  :P
Sorry, you should have patience to get rid from it )
i think i can deal  with the uninstallation of nav....i have  loads of patience-
it's my middle name  ;D

msmac

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:07:06 PM »
As has been mentioned NAV is a real  pig to get rid of even after you uninstall it there are numerous registry keys remaining that can mess with other AVs installed later.

There are now many helpful links and tools to help, Norton Removal Links.

Check them out, download the tools if available for your version or print off the manual uninstall info and go off-line. Uninstall and either use the tools or check the manual instructions to ensure all of NAV is removed, then install avast!
thanks for the info and the suggestions  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:34:59 PM »
After all, do you need help with anything?  8)
The best things in life are free.