Author Topic: Avast Scan causes system restart without BSOD (Win 8.1, Avast 2015.10.2.2218)  (Read 1427 times)

REDACTED

Twice during the last 3 days I have attempted a scan (1 System Disk scan, and 1 Full System scan) and when I did, after the scan had started and run for perhaps 30 seconds my PC rebooted.

There was no BSOD just a reboot. The system log shows an Event ID of 41 Kernel-Power "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first"

There are no indications of any previous error. The PC is fully up to date with Windows and Avast updates.

After the first occasion, on restarting, I requested the System Disk scan again, and everything went as normal. I have not attempted to do the same after the second problem, as I simply did not have the time to do so.

I have never experienced this problem except on these two attempts to scan. There are no devices showing up with problems or errors that I am aware of.

It seems a bit of a coincidence that Avast Scan is involved in both cases.

Ha anyone experienced the same situation? Are Avast aware of anything which might cause this to be triggered by the scanning?

Thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Support: Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool   https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle