Author Topic: Problem with Anythicago, alwaysisobar, simplesitescan, optiguardzip Popups  (Read 2258 times)

REDACTED

Hello, i've been struggling with a PC that has repeated popups from avast that mention a URL:Mal infection of the process svchost.exe. The URL's listed in the title are the ones displayed in the popups. I recently removed multiple PUPs from this PC including weatherbug, PCTechHotline, and a few misc toolbars that were wreaking havoc. I believe they originated from the installation of an outdated version of CCleaner that was downloaded from a third party site.

I began with a malwarebytes scan of all drives. This removed most of the issues except for these URL:Mal popups. Then i performed a full system scan with Avast which didn't seem to catch the cause of these popups. I then performed a scan with AdwCleaner which also did not seem remedy the cause.

In other posts I saw that people requested to see the logs from a Farbar Recovery Scan so I have them attached. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Also if I did anything wrong or out of order with the virus scans, let me know so I can make sure I dont make the same mistakes again.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
We also want to see the Mbam log.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Monitoring...
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

REDACTED

Here are the mbam logs. I ran two scans.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
Code: [Select]
createsrpoint;
autoclean;
bitsadmin /reset /allusers;b
emptyalltemp;
ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)
Post its content into your next reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE