Author Topic: Problem using Irfanviewer program  (Read 7895 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem using Irfanviewer program
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 05:34:04 PM »
Bill, just to guess, but did you use Norton Antivirus in your computer?
Igor's thought makes sense, whitout the providers running (specially Standard Shield), avast! could even handle the files and, for sure, shouldn't block the deletion.
The best things in life are free.

bill2455

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 12:22:41 AM »
Yes, but I was in a big hurry as I had promised to get a CD of my latest photo's I had taken.
I believe that I shut all of the processes down after a failure so I probaly did not do a very good job of troubleshooting.

I do know for a fact that if I shut down the services (services.msc) for Avast! I do not have the problem. The problem doesn't happen in Safe Mode either.

Any suggestions or things you would like me to try?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 11:18:32 AM »
Well, as I said - try to stop the Standard Shield provider only and let us know if it helps.
If yes, try to run it again and just pause it.

bill2455

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 03:57:36 PM »
Here is a little more information on the problem. I believe that the problem with the photo programs is just the results of something else. I was so intent on using the photo programs to see the problem I decide to see what happens if I don't start the photo programs. The first thing that I notice is that IE would stop loading sometimes and just freeze, the second loading of IE was OK. Next I notice that I didn't start any programs the computer would not shut down and everytime. If  unloaded Avast! everything worked. Does this help at all?

bill2455

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 11:37:12 PM »
Yes, but I might have done my testing incorrectly as the problem already happen before I had turned off all the shields.
I went back to basic trouble shooting and found that with causing the problem XP would not shut down and to be hard booted to get going again. Removing Avast! every program and shutting down all work as normal.

Any suggestions?????