Author Topic: Question about remote access help?  (Read 1530 times)

REDACTED

Question about remote access help?
« on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:57 AM »
I allowed an exception and instantly regretted it. I called the number from my confirmation email to help with technical concerns. I just wanted to find out where I could delete the exception. I was already worried when I called. Then the woman on the phone increases my panic.

With her urging I agreed to allow my computer to be remotely accessed with something called Bomgar. Even rushed through the fine print and clicked ok. Eventually my wits started to return to me when She mentioned that she had to connected me with people who would sign me up for a service that would cost $199, or something like that. I disconnected my internet, so I could think and figure out what to do next. I disconnected the call, which I hadn't thought, of since I have cable internet/phone. Pretty sure I even restarted my computer and that bomgar remote access program was still up. I clicked the X to stop it.

My question is if this program is really off my computer. It said it was uninstalling, but I want to be sure. I regret calling and allowing my computer to be accessed in that way. Is it off my computer and no longer active, or has it remained? Can I remove it? Also is there a way to see a copy of the stuff I agreed to when I allowed the access? There was no follow up email afterwards so it makes me feel so uneasy.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Question about remote access help?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »
Hi ButterCandy,

Welcome to the forums.  Help here is free, no cost to you.

To begin, start with this link:  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Download and run the first three programs listed, and attach the three logs produced in your next reply.  What will follow after this is done, a certified malware removal expert will look over your logs and propose a fix specifically made for your system. 

As for what the exception was, please explain in your next reply, along with attaching the logs requested.

A malware removal expert will be notified as soon as you attach the requested log.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801