Author Topic: remove license from one computer and apply credit to other?  (Read 3382 times)

REDACTED

I had 2 computers on my account, but have sold one of them.  Can I take the remaining credit for the one that was sold and apply it to the remaining one?  If so, pls tell me exactly how to do this.
Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: remove license from one computer and apply credit to other?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:48:30 PM »
No, you can't.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »
I had 2 computers on my account, but have sold one of them.  Can I take the remaining credit for the one that was sold and apply it to the remaining one?  If so, pls tell me exactly how to do this.
Thanks!

Whilst there isn't an easy way to do this, it may be possible manually, but there is no guarantee that it can be done

You could try contacting sales via the support ticket system:
https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/27/&cls02&ptf01&lic01&scr06
Choose your language and submit your problem directly to Avast and see if they can't merge both and send you a modified license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »
This is like selling your car, buying a new one and than ask "Say, I still have fuel in my old car. Can you put it in my new one?"  ;D

B.T.W. https://www.avast.com/find-order
Make sure auto-renewal is disabled for the license you used on that system.
If not, the license will be renewed and you will have to pay for it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:18:00 AM by Eddy »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 04:22:51 PM »
This is like selling your car, buying a new one and than ask "Say, I still have fuel in my old car. Can you put it in my new one?"  ;D

<snip>

Nothing like it at all, considering that avast already have a license modification option for it in the support ticket system (previously attached image).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security