Author Topic: Available device count clarification  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Arielphf

Available device count clarification
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:17 AM »
Hi,

This is probably the stupidest question on the board, but I have never really found a definitive answer to it even after searching.

My Avast Premier account has an 'Available device count' of '3' - is that the total number of machines I'm allowed to have Premier loaded on?  Or the number of licenses I have left? (I think that is wishful thinking, but I can at least ask).  The thing is, if I only have 3 licenses, how can I have Premier loaded on 4 machines?  Is one of them not working?  I never got any kind of warning message about not enough active licenses, though I very much doubt I have all three computers working at the same time at any point, but I worry that if I ever do, one of them won't be protected. 

Can someone official (or well versed) clarify this for me?  And is there a way to pick up additional licenses (beyond 3) if I need them?  Thanks!

Ariel

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Available device count clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:48:52 AM »
If the license you bought was for 3 systems then I'd suggest you remove the install from the forth system before your license gets banned for exceeding your contract limit.

If you require an extra license then you'll need to buy one for that system as well or just install the free version.