Author Topic: bestdriverstar  (Read 1812 times)

REDACTED

bestdriverstar
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:20 PM »
I seem to have the same problem as a lot of other people with the pop ups telling me Avast has blocked bestdriverstar and anythicago.  Attached are the FRST log files.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Andy

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: bestdriverstar
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:36 PM »
Attached are the FRST log files.
Nope, no logs attached ....

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
I'm afraid I can't see how to add the log files.  I don't have that option.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
@andy114 start your own topic ...... or is this same person with two forum ID ?

Below the box you write in    Attachments and other options

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:48:21 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:31:23 AM »
Duh, thank you.  Same person.  I though maybe IE would work better and I signed in via google+ and it gave me a new user name.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:34:09 AM »
Most of the removal guys are in european time zone, and it is midnight here now, so you may not get a reply before tomorrow

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »
Understood.  Thanks for the help.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 08:18:39 AM »
Open notepad by pressing the Windows Key + R Key, typing in Notepad in the Run dialog and then pressing Enter.  Please copy the contents of the quote box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it and select copy. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it to your desktop as fixlist.txt

Start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
End

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST by right clicking on the FRST.exe file, selecting "Run as Administrator..".  The User Account Control may open up; if it does, select Yes to continue to let FRST open and load. 

The tool will check for an updated version of itself every time it loads; please allow it to do this and the program will either inform you it is downloading an updated copy (and to wait until it is safe to continue) or show nothing (meaning there is no update found) and you can continue on.  Press the Fix button just once and wait.  The tool will create a restore point, process the script and ask for a restart of your system.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.  Also, tell me how your system is running now.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »
Thanks!  That seems to have cleared it.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 02:39:08 AM »
If you are satisfied with the system, let's remove the tools.

Clean up of Malware Removal Tools
Now that we are through using these tools, let's clean them off your system so that should you ever need to have malware removed again (we hope not) fresh, updated copies will be downloaded.

• Download Delfix from here to your desktop and double click it to start the program
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
  • Activate UAC
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge system restore
  • Reset system settings

• Click Run
  • The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.
You can delete any log files left on your desktop as these are no longer needed.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE