Author Topic: Yahoo box  (Read 5509 times)

CoJo

Yahoo box
« on: November 17, 2003, 01:52:30 AM »
Everytime I come to Avast! forums, I get a privacy alert about yahoo.com wanting to set a cookie...I, of course, refuse...does this happen to anyone else?

and I posted under Different Scan Results that I am still getting different results...

gosh, this is different trying to remember the time zones! so I will check tomorrow for answers :)

CoJo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Yahoo box
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 02:12:46 AM »
Everytime I come to Avast! forums, I get a privacy alert about yahoo.com wanting to set a cookie...I, of course, refuse... does this happen to anyone else?

Gosh, this is different trying to remember the time zones! so I will check tomorrow for answers :)

CoJo

Imposible! avast! has nothing to do with yahoo cookies.
What do you have at startup itens? These applications work on it:
I use and recommend Startup Delayer and Startup Control Panel. See there is you have anything related to yahoo... You can see links for download here at the section Startup Control Tools.

I recommend either that you scan your system against ad-awares: at the same link above, see section Ad-aware and Trojans Tools. Try SpyBot and Ad-aware from Lavasoft.

Maybe, as you said, your troubles are in the IE Zones and Privacy settings.

If you want to logon automatically into avast! forums, try Autoform  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 02:56:33 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

CoJo

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 02:42:02 AM »
Technical, I installed the StartUp programs and deleted the yahoo stuff...also found some leftover Norton trash!

Thank you,
coJo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 03:09:15 AM »
Technical, I installed the StartUp programs and deleted the yahoo stuff...also found some leftover Norton trash!

Thank you,
coJo

What Norton trash are you talking about? Norton... >:(

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 04:07:52 AM »
Calm down everyone hates norton
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 12:19:04 PM »
Well, some of the Norton tools are not that bad  ;D

Norton Utilities are quite nice... and some of the other tools are usable too - though in my opinion, they were better before Symantec bouth them from the original makers and changed them to fit their line (such as NIS or CleanSweep).

CoJo

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 03:26:21 PM »
hello, Igor!

I hate Norton :)...it did not catch this virus that I have >:(

I used the free MicroTrend and it found a different one so I am going to do another through scan and see what happens...appears my computer was infected before I got Avast!.

Peace,
CoJo

CoJo

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 03:28:22 PM »

What Norton trash are you talking about? Norton... >:(

a couple of Norton "tools" that showed up on the start up menu...

CoJo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 02:33:38 AM »
Well, some of the Norton tools are not that bad  ;D

Norton Utilities are quite nice... and some of the other tools are usable too - though in my opinion, they were better before Symantec bouth them from the original makers and changed them to fit their line (such as NIS or CleanSweep).

Thanks Igor for your fair play with Symantec. But, we, users, hate NAV at all  >:( Or better, the only advantage of NAV is that due to it, I'm here after so many troubles it brought to me  ;D I agree with you, CleanSweep is a good one and some of the other parts of the it...

Cojo, the trash left behind could be cleaned with a Windows Registry tool (see here at section Registry Tools)