Author Topic: Avast for Business Free Cloud saying there are no licenses  (Read 2713 times)

REDACTED

Avast for Business Free Cloud saying there are no licenses
« on: July 09, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
Hello,
We deployed avast for business free to a portion of our business a couple months ago, however now they are saying that their licenses have expired and that I must purchase a new license?

I cannot seem to figure out how to re-activate the client, and we did use the installer from the admin panel, not the free client for home users, if it makes a difference.

REDACTED

Re: Avast for Business Free Cloud saying there are no licenses
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
Turns out that if you connect the free avast to your business account, it also end up creating a free account under the same account credential. I found out that the business account log in is NOT the same as the normal log in, and we had devices attached to each.

Attaching devices to the business account via the installer from the business portal seems to work, attaching devices to the business account via the avast free installer does not work.

Is there a way we can disable the ability to create a free account, or at least give a warning message when someone tries t log into a free avast client with a business account?

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: Avast for Business Free Cloud saying there are no licenses
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »
Hi,

We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as soon as possible. For the cloud account, make sure to sign in business.avast.com and NOT my.avast.com

Thanks!

Jeff