Author Topic: Hi Everybody! First post from veteran user!  (Read 1814 times)

REDACTED

Hi Everybody! First post from veteran user!
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »
Been using Avast! for a very very long time. Pretty flawless, I think, I don't know, it just does its thing silently in the background (yes, you can turn off the voice that says: "Virus definition have been updated!"). I used it on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OS X since Mountain Lion. Had maybe one small issue with XP, but none with Mac OS X so far (almost 3 yeas now and the computer is running at the same speed as it did on day 1.). Do I have viruses? I don't know. I'm just happy with the way things run.

There's just one thing about Avast! i cannot figure out. I think about it all the time. I can't even sleep at night anymore because of it. Why does the program's name have an exclamation point???

OK, if I may... please use a slightly more legible verification widget. I have to reload at least 10 times because I can't tell what the letters are;

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Hi Everybody! First post from veteran user!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »
yes, you can turn off the voice
No you can't. The voice has been removed a couple of versions ago.

avast is in Tjech what in many other languages ahoy is.
A term from sailer's and they shouted that.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Hi Everybody! First post from veteran user!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:34:37 PM »
OK, if I may... please use a slightly more legible verification widget. I have to reload at least 10 times because I can't tell what the letters are;
Captcha verification is difficult for the first three posts to help eliminate SPAM posts.  After which you will be able to log in normally.

One of the few webboards which does not seem to have much a SPAM issue I've seen.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801