Author Topic: GrimeFighter is now Avast Cleanup  (Read 18237 times)

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter is now Avast Cleanup
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
i do these instructions it doesnt work. i just do refund but i want in the future use cleanup with win10. please fix clean up with win10

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
i do these instructions it doesnt work. i just do refund but i want in the future use cleanup with win10. please fix clean up with win10
Submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »
i already dont want ticket because theres work only translators who forward my message to English. how to do ticket to English support ? not polish because polish is unbeliveable and stupid. only translators works here in poland.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »
i just do.
 when i add my mail i get information about ticket in polish. how it fix?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
i just do.
 when i add my mail i get information about ticket in polish. how it fix?
It shouldn't hinder you to submit a ticket in English.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
Hi Brandon,

That is not the case at all actually.  Have you tried it?  Please do, it's quite different in many ways as outlined in the opening post.

If it isn't working somehow, I would be glad to hear details and get you in touch with our Support team.

Many thanks,

Davidek

Okay, I will try it. At least it will give me an opportunity to go in and delete files that it finds.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 11:54:46 AM »
Hello,

Bumping my demand regarding my licence. Info would be welcome.

Jumpshot Kickstarter backer here.
Cleanup, ex-Grimefighter, is not free anymore and my Jumpshot is dead. What of my lifetime licence? Do I get Avast for free? (I doubt it.) Do I get a refund for Jumpshot? (Sounds possible.)

Offline sabbatha

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Does it work with wi-fi connection? I never tried Grimefighter cause didn't work with wi-fi, i was told so at least.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »
Does it work with wi-fi connection? I never tried Grimefighter cause didn't work with wi-fi, i was told so at least.

Some time ago when the program was Grimefighter there were some network cards I believe that were not supported by Grimefighter.
The program has developed some since then and is now called Avast Cleanup.
I have not used Cleanyup, and do not believe in 'One Click' cleanup tools other then possibly CCleaner but I would think the WiFI issues are/were resolved as I have not read of any issues with using Cleanup while connected to WiFi. :)

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
Hi Sabbatha,

Shouldn't be any issue using Cleanup on WiFi.  By switching from Linux to Windows, we pretty much eliminated the issue with network cards.

Please give it a try and post back what you think, good or bad :-)

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
I would exercise EXTREME CAUTION before installing this product!  Earlier this year when I installed GrimeFighter (with Avast running just fine) it killed my hard drive.  I had to wipe everything clean and start with a complete fresh install.  This was after being online and on the phone with my paid Avast MCSE support 3 separate times for between 4-8 hours each time.  Which at the end, the last person said they would recommend that I take my computer into a shop for repair, that it was not fixable!  $350 later I finally got up and running again.  NO WAY will I be touching Cleanup!  Beware!

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
I clicked the link to show the files that it found. I just copied and pasted each directory into the command bar of Windows Explorer in order to delete the files in question. There is a way to remove these files and registry keys without purchasing Cleanup. Sure, it takes longer, but it saves money.