Author Topic: CryptoLocker hits  (Read 15071 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster

Offline ItsAllGoodMan

Re: CryptoLocker hits
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 12:21:07 AM »
Adobe may have fixed the current security holes, but who knows how many other, unreported ones there are.

From what I've noticed so far, most of the major video websites already use HTML5 video players.  There were a few websites I had used that still only use Adobe Flash, so I contacted them and suggested that they drop Adobe Flash and just use HTML5.  Hopefully, many more of them drop Adobe Flash.

As far as websites that are fully Adobe Flash-based, they need to have someone redevelop their website so that it doesn't need any plug-ins, but I know that can be costly depending on the website.  But, after they notice an increasing amount of people not being able to use their website because the users do not have Flash installed, they'll end up have to spend the money on the redevelopment... redeveloping the website now would be a wise investment.

I'm not sure what can be done about the Adobe Flash/Shockwave game websites, but I did see there are some game websites that use HTML5.  I'm surprised that any of these websites alternatively suggest installing the Java plug-in to play the games.