Author Topic: this is going too far you've turned premier into near adware  (Read 1597 times)

REDACTED

I've always respected avast and i've met alot of good helpful moderators here it's always been my first choice of antivirus, but once you introduced premier over internet security which was the known highend version i lost trust in you.

And after that it has just gone downhill you've bloated up the program more and more and in the end i've accepted it as i don't feel like trying to find a new antivirus, but now i think you've gone too far now you've pushed your "grimefighter" even deeper into avast not only that you also have popup messages reminding to clean the computer, when pressed you are greeted by a buying page, this is the kind of behaviour i expect from free versions not over 100 dollar value versions, i am highly dissapointed in what avast has turned into and soon i'll have no choice but to find something else, but seeing how i was treated last time i gave my opinion i don't expect anything different now and i don't expect you to listen this time either, as you don't seem to care what people think well i trusted you and you've turned avast into near adware, or do you find it ok to push ads on something of over 100 dollar value? do you honestly find it ok to put locked features, you've LITTERALLY introduced microtranactions people hate these in games for a reason, it's a shame as i've been a loyal avast user for nearly 10 years now.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: this is going too far you've turned premier into near adware
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
Avast 2015: Change, add, or remove individual program components   https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB96#artTitle

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: this is going too far you've turned premier into near adware
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »
Hi zzcool :)

As you are using Avast Premier, a paid version of Avast, the solution is simple :)

In the Avast UI select  : Settings - General - Popups - .. and uncheck "Show popup offers for other Avast products".

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:03:48 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )