Author Topic: ABS not only shuts off wi-fi - it disables it  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Rickajho

ABS not only shuts off wi-fi - it disables it
« on: July 23, 2015, 09:09:43 PM »
Yeah - having a problem. Once battery saver turns off wi-fi on my phone the only way to get it back is to power cycle the phone. Under phone settings the wi-fi button becomes grayed out - as in it's not an option that can be accessed at that point to turn it off or on. Using either browser (Android or Chrome) does not prompt wi-fi to turn back on.

Changing the ABS internet settings to either "Optimized On" or "Always On" produces the same result: Once ABS turns wi-fi off the only way to get it back is to power cycle the phone.

De players:

LG Volt LGLS740 (Virgin Mobile) hardware rev 1.0
Android 4.4.2 (kit kat)

Everything updated - including ABS.

Note:  This version of the phone does have it's own battery saver app - of sorts. All their version does is start dumbing down things like display brightness, screen saver timeout etc once the battery level drops to a certain percentage you preselect. Needless to say I tried ABS with that app turned on or off and I still have the same problem with ABS turning wi-fi off and disabling it.

REDACTED

Re: ABS not only shuts off wi-fi - it disables it
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:19:33 AM »
If it keeps shutting down your Wi-Fi, all I can recommend is uninstalling Battery Saver.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »
Hi Rickajho,

unfortunately this is a known bug of Android/some devices. It happens even without ABS, just turning Wifi on/off enough times will cause it. But with ABS it's more noticeable, because we turn the Wifi on/off much more than a user ever would, so there's a higher probability of the bug showing.

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do at the moment. You can set your profiles to have the Wifi Always On or Always Off so ABS won't mess with it and you'll only switch it manually.

Ondra

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 08:11:45 PM »
On my Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1, this problem occurs when I use the flight modus. By disabling the flightmodus wifi doens't turn on, the starting process keeps on running with the grey screen as described above. Turning my phone off and on solves the problem, but is not a sustainable solution. This problem occurs since the installation of the avast battery saver app, never before.