Author Topic: avast icon  (Read 3900 times)

wilson44512

avast icon
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:26:23 AM »
every time i click on something on my pc the avast icon in the tray by the clock spins. plus i noticed it seams like it slows my pc a bit.like when im on the internet an i click on a site it dont pop up until the icon stops spinning. is there a way to stop that?

galooma

Re: avast icon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:29:44 AM »
Avast! is constantly monitoring your connection to protect you. Most AV have active protection.
 Yes you can stop it from slowing your surfing down but not without risking undetected infection.
Small price to pay when it could take hours or days to fix , Some do it but only if they are absolutely sure of the sites they visit and have an image of their OS to restore to.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 12:32:17 PM »
Cloussaus said everything perfectly, I just want to add something. If you are annoyed by the spinning itself, you can turn off icon animation. Go to Program Settings, Appearance and unckeck the ANIMATE THE ICON WHEN SCANNING.

However it will not speed up anything significantly, because it's just icon animation related, not scanning level related. As Cloussau already mentioned you would have to disable few providers, but than again, why would anyone want to be without protection. That's why we installed antivirus in the first place.

Disabling of those providers is highly NOT recommended.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 12:50:58 PM »
Anyway, Wilson, you can set the sensitivity to Normal intead of High.
You'll notice a better performance without losing that much protection.
Like Sasha said, don't disable providers!  8)
The best things in life are free.