Author Topic: sad: billing / support a kangaroo court ! why?  (Read 2021 times)

REDACTED

sad: billing / support a kangaroo court ! why?
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
 do not use automatic renewal if  you want the freedom to say no to high mark ups. my bill went from $9.99 to 37.99 and i cant seem to get through to anyone. its a joke. if you need tech help you can call but billing is a maze. if i get free then upgrade its 19.99; maybe better if you shop and say no so until you get the wait lets make a deal flashing screen. however i see i can get free, then upgrade for 19.99 then the baarganing begins. but for the person who says renew when its time-no deals of best offer at time of purchase its full price and then some. have a problem with that; good luck getting a ticket and then using it. i have better things to do than waste my time with unscrupulus tactics but feel i need to put info out there for the next victim of this shameful tactic from a security provider. as for the product; had to many problems with it so i did not use it much in 2014 at 9.99 so when i was charged 37.?? in 2015 i was floored and what ensued was shameful...todd

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: sad: billing / support a kangaroo court ! why?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: sad: billing / support a kangaroo court ! why?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
i cant seem to get through to anyone
It really isn't hard to submit a ticket.
if you need tech help you can call but billing is a maze
Help for avast is free, no billing at all.
i have better things to do than waste my time with unscrupulus tactics
There are non. It is just you who didn't paid attention.
i did not use it much in 2014 at 9.99 so when i was charged 37.?? in 2015 i was floored and what ensued was shameful...todd
It doesn't matter if you use it (much) or not. You have bought a license to use it and did not disable auto-renewal when doing so. You also did not disabled the auto-renewal later on. So yes, you where charged when the license expired to get a new one.