Author Topic: Avast and BitDefender  (Read 2600 times)

adam

Avast and BitDefender
« on: November 15, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »
hi there

is it a good idea to have both Avast and BitDefender  installed , n should i run BitDefender for full system scanning ?

if so how would i stop BitDefender from  loading like Avast and how would i use it for just system scans , thank you

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Avast and BitDefender
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:16:45 PM »
I believe that BitDefender 8 freeware is not an resident scanner, just on demand scanner... it means it doesn't run in the background, so it won'r interfere with avast! in any way.

On the other hand, if you are talking about some version that has resident protection, advice will always be - DO NOT INSTALL two or more resident antiviruses on the same machine. You'll have nothing but headaches. Same situation like with firewalls...

Regarding BitDefender and disabling something inside so it wouldn't run on Windows sturtup, you'll have to search your answer in BitDefender forum, because we mainly deal with avast! in this forum. I don't even know if there is any BitDefender forum...

Anyway, with avast! you are more than protected... sometimes check your computer with some online scanner like Housecall and you'll be fine. We all do that, because we all like second opinion sometimes. BitDefender 8 Freeware is nice addition and without resident scanner it runs perfectly along with avast!.

Again, if you have some version with resident shield, my answer to your question is above.  ;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s