Author Topic: Mass LSASS exploit attacks.  (Read 2126 times)

Question

Mass LSASS exploit attacks.
« on: November 15, 2005, 07:25:21 PM »
AVAST keeps blocking mass LSASS exploit attacks.Should i be worried?

P.S.I thought AVAST was free?Why did it tell me i have 60 days trial?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Mass LSASS exploit attacks.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
1. Network Shield (not a firewall) monitors for these type of exploits which are often rampant and if avast is blocking them it isn't a reason for worry. For the most part even if you didn''t have the network shield provided you have kept your Operating System up to date then these exploits can't work, not that it stops them trying.

Do you have a firewall?

2. Until you register and enter the registration key (free) then you have full unrestricted use for 60 days. avst needs to know how many active users they have and where they are so they can estimate the server loads to support updates, downloads etc.

Once you register you have 14 months of free Virus Signature Updates then you will need to register again for a further 14 months free VPS updates, very reasonable I feel for an excellent anti-virus. avast! 4 Home Registration
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security