Author Topic: Avast free block wiki images  (Read 32208 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: Avast free block wiki images
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 01:16:41 PM »
I can confirm this issue. I don't have this issue with PNG and SVG like here, but I have with GIF.

Strange. :-\
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »
I'm having an issue with the Yahoo home page not loading any images. If I turn off the shields the images load. Turn the shields back on and the images fail to load. I'm using Firefox 40.0.3 and Avast Free 10.3.2225 on Win 7. This just started yesterday. Any suggestions?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 05:09:35 PM »
I'm having an issue with the Yahoo home page not loading any images. If I turn off the shields the images load. Turn the shields back on and the images fail to load. I'm using Firefox 40.0.3 and Avast Free 10.3.2225 on Win 7. This just started yesterday. Any suggestions?

Did you happen to update yesterday (or just use yahoo home page that day) as it would be strange if it had previously worked with this build/version.
Don't turn of the shields, disable HTTPS scanning (avastUI > Settings > Active Protection > Web Shield > Customize - disable HTTPS scanning. That is a minimal action rather than completely disabling shields.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »
Didn't update yesterday. Last update was about 4 weeks ago. I use Yahoo home page daily. It worked until yesterday. I disabled HTTPS scanning and all the images load. When I turn it back on they don't load. Makes no sense why it would do this all of a sudden.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
Didn't update yesterday. Last update was about 4 weeks ago. I use Yahoo home page daily. It worked until yesterday. I disabled HTTPS scanning and all the images load. When I turn it back on they don't load. Makes no sense why it would do this all of a sudden.

Exactly as I said, weird that it would be working. I hadn't previously had a problem, but I'm on the latest beta builds and since then I have had the issue.

That would be different as I don't know exactly what had changed. I was OK on the 2228 beta build, but I ended up with a build that shouldn't have been installed on XP and that is I suspect where my problem came from.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
Is your problem the same....images not loading?

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »
I can confirm that this problem exists across multiple sites with Firefox. I have the Yahoo-no-image problem on both Windows XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. Likewise, flash plugins are also blocked. This just started today. Disabling the HTTPS scan does not fix the blocking of flash plugins. I suspect that the last Avast update has some crippling, inherent incompatibility with Firefox. I have used Avast for 10 years and whenever a bugged update occurs, these kinds of system-breaking issues occur. This needs attention and, at the very least, some sort of rollback needs to happen to allow the devs to find and locate what is causing this problem. I do not like the idea of being forced to use IE for browsing and I REFUSE to use the resource hog known as Chrome. This obvious bug needs to be fixed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
Is your problem the same....images not loading?

Yes, though some do load but not all UK.Yahoo.com is what I use for a news catchup and that had been working just fine. But note I'm using XP Pro SP3 and https scanning is different for XP and there have been changes in how https scanning has been handled in XP.

My win7 system has been just fine with 10.3.2225.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 08:59:55 PM »
Same thing here with both my laptops using Avast.  The Yahoo home page images on Firefox and Chrome are missing.  So frustrating.  It just started a few days ago.  I really need to know how to fix.  I've had Avast for over 10 years...never had this problem before. 

I did as the above poster suggested - disabled the HTTPS scanning.  It worked which is good.  Is it OK that the scanning is disabled???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:08:34 PM by lmw »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »
Same thing here with both my laptops using Avast.  The Yahoo home page images on Firefox and Chrome are missing.  So frustrating.  It just started a few days ago.  I really need to know how to fix.  I've had Avast for over 10 years...never had this problem before. 

I did as the above poster suggested - disabled the HTTPS scanning.  It worked which is good.  Is it OK that the scanning is disabled???

This really is a workaround, not a solution (that needs a fix from avast), but Disabling HTTPS is by far more preferable than disabling the web shield as that still scans HTTP pages.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 10:16:11 AM »
I'm getting the "ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR" randomly when browsing Reddit.com

At first flushing the sockets in Chrome via: chrome://net-internals/#spdy would work for a moment, then the error would pop back again.

Turning off the webshield, reloading the page and then turning back on the webshield has fixed my issue for the moment.

This only happens in Google Chrome for me. I was able to use Firefox for a week with no issues.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »
I've just added an exception for
Code: [Select]
https://*.wikipedia.org/* to web shield (with https scanning on) and the problem was resolved.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 05:20:12 PM »

I too am having this problem with Yahoo, Chrome, and Avast.  As you said turning off Avast fixes the problem.  I have tried uninstalling Avast, clearing browser hx/cookies, reinstalling Avast, only to continue to have the same problem.  And for me it appears to only be happening on Yahoo site.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one.   :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:11 AM »
Now avast blocks the whole wikipedia for me, not just images. A real advance, congratulations!

Win 10, chrome, disabling https scanning solves the problem, of course

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »
Now avast blocks the whole wikipedia for me, not just images. A real advance, congratulations!

Win 10, chrome, disabling https scanning solves the problem, of course
Win 7, ff.
Same problem with one difference - re-enabling webshield solves the problem. Stronger thought about changing the antivirus.